Update Still Won't Work :(

T Mac

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
updated my phone just fine. tried to update my wifes phone and im getting this problem. its in recovery mode now. phone is useless until it restores and updates. :eek:

specialeffectskate

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I keep getting this and now my phone is stuck in restore mode so I can't do anything with it and then what else happens it won't connect to iTunes i'm close to calling someone and yelling at them. I don't care if the server is friggin conjested. My phone isn't working and thats a big deal considering its new.

Ltapilot

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Well after 5 hours of downloading, backing up fighting errors. (Just like everyone else here.) I shut down the antivirus, opened the firewall (windows guy that I am it almost gave me an ulcer to do this :) ) and cleaned about half of the junk off my iPad. This gave me about 60% of my disk space clear.
Reran the installer and all updated fine.
I am happy this is an Apple device, had it been windows or linix I still would have been messing with it.:rolleyes:

cinco312

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Try holding the power button and home button for a total of 10 seconds. Your phone should be back to normal. :) If not, report back.
I won't mind helping!

I did that about two hours ago. Now I'm up to the K in backup. Yep, using iTunes 10.5 from yesterday.

anneemonster

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
so i'm not in recovery, but i'm not out of it either. the screen has been alternating between the apple logo, the spinning circle, and the restoring screen with the progress bar. it is also not being recognized by itunes and all my info is gone. says n/a.

this is driving me crazy! any help? :mad::confused::(

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
It threw my iphone into recovery mode and now I can't even get it back!!!

I have no phone right now. It's shot. Are you serious?

I have no idea how to check firewalls.

elpablo

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
so i'm not in recovery, but i'm not out of it either. the screen has been alternating between the apple logo, the spinning circle, and the restoring screen with the progress bar. it is also not being recognized by itunes and all my info is gone. says n/a.

I am also in this state and it really doesn't look good... I think that it might be new phone time :(

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I give up! (for tonight anyway). Just getting 3200 every time. Fortunately, my phone is still OK on 4.3.5 it doesn't seem to have trashed anything.

Hope it's at Apple's end!.

socal_guy

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
SOLUTION for Error 3200 and 3014

I found that it was a port problem in my case. I disabled the computer's firewall temporarily and everything worked fine.

iaddict_

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

It threw my iphone into recovery mode and now I can't even get it back!!!

I have no phone right now. It's shot. Are you serious?

I have no idea how to check firewalls.

You guys should both try unplugging your phone from the computer and then hold the sleep/wake button and home button and wait until you see the Apple logo and then let go. Let me know if that works.

iaddict_

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I am also in this state and it really doesn't look good... I think that it might be new phone time :(

It's nearly impossible to break a phone that way. I highly doubt that you need to get a new phone. If holding the wake/sleep button doesn't work and you can't put your phone in DFU mode you can download TinyUmbrella and kick your phone out of recovery mode.

elpablo

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
You guys should both try unplugging your phone from the computer and then hold the sleep/wake button and home button and wait until you see the Apple logo and then let go. Let me know if that works.

I managed to get it back into DFU mode a few times and then it just went straight back into the same cycle again after I tried another restore. This time though the progress bar seems to be moving properly, so fingers crossed it might be ok.

Thanks for the response :)

iaddict_

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I managed to get it back into DFU mode a few times and then it just went straight back into the same cycle again after I tried another restore. This time though the progress bar seems to be moving properly, so fingers crossed it might be ok.

Thanks for the response :)

Not a problem, hope you get iOS 5 installed properly.