Update Still Won't Work :(

IMABigGeek

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
add #127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com to bottom if not there. (all done as administrator) restart itunes. and comp. if doesnt work. then update phone. previous message was for downgrading. sorry

Please DON'T ANYONE try this. 127.0.0.1 is for your localhost address on your computer. This is telling your computer to always look locally when your computer is looking to go to "gs.apple.com. The person that posted this is nothing but a malicious a$$hole to tell people to do this. I am a Network Engineer and have been in the field for over 20 years.

Reactions: Jmeg8r

acueducto

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
After I changed the cable the update process started, kind of finish and now I'm having a different type of error: unknown error-48, phone is restoring as I type this. Has anyone got this other message? Maybe the error is part of the process? I guess yes. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited:

joeblow123321

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
avoiding the backup?

I re-ask what other have already asked: is there any way to avoid the whole "backing up the software part?" It seems insane that we'd have to go through a 30 minute process each time only to be tripped up at the last second by this server thing; you'd think we could just keep clicking some kind of "refresh" button at this point.

esquisite

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
wait 3/4 days... a few hours/tomorrow it will be fine... i almost got it and it decided to error me and kicked my phone into recovery arghh lol

drarif

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the iOS 5 IPSW file I DLed from Apple's server. My phone is now in "Recovery mode" apparently (USB cable & iTunes logo on the screen). When I do the Option + Restore method, it seems like the update will be underway. The bar fills and then I get an error. iTunes does not recognize my iPhone. It says "Name: iPhone," and everything is "n/a." Will I be able to do this through the DLed file now or do I now need to just go through the iTunes method of updating? Thanks.

Btw, my iPhone was not recognized some time after I put it in Airplane mode and did a soft reset. I'm guessing it's on Apple's servers?

i had the same problem, just enter your phone in dfu mode,by holding sleep/wake button+home button for 10 seconds,then leave the sleep/wake button ,but keep holding the home button,then your itunes will show up your device on itunes.then do the restore. thats how it worked for me:) .all the best.

idkmybffjill

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I keep getting stuck at "Verifying restore with Apple". Then it gives me the error 3194. I figured this is a problem on Apple's end, but it's still aggravating.

violeta1553

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
To the people asking about skipping the backing up part, I just figured it out. All you have to do is click restore. For me, it's reinstalling my music and apps. So for people with a lot of things their phone or iPad, it's probably not ideal but I tried it and not only did it skip the backing up process, it finally installed ios5. Hope this helps!

aaron130

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Finally got mine working. Went on my desktop intend of my laptop and it got the error the first time then I hit update right away right after the error and it's updating now. Just an FYI, I didn't disable my antivirus or anything and it is working.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR