Update Still Won't Work :(

Dooble

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Apple... they are experiencing extremely heavy traffic on their servers while everyone upgrades to iOS 5. The guy at Apple said error 3200 is up because of this and he said try to install it again in a few hours

This would make more sense if we were getting the error when trying to download it, not install it. If we have the information/update why do we need their servers to be less full?

anneemonster

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Apple... they are experiencing extremely heavy traffic on their servers while everyone upgrades to iOS 5. The guy at Apple said error 3200 is up because of this and he said try to install it again in a few hours

i love how no one thought to call. you are a genius my friend lol.

Considered

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Error code 3200

I blame Microsoft, funny how I restart my computer and there are another 10 updates from Microsoft, but then that happens every other day!
Never mind guys when this IOS 5 is up and running (when everyone has either installed it or gone to bed!) we will be PC Free!!

drarif

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
the same error for me too. damn its so frustrating :mad:. i have tried atleast 8 times ,and still no luck, and my phone is stuck on apple logo. :(

niji

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
This worked for me to fix 3200 error when i tried to update ios5

For windows:
go to C: / WINDOWS/system32/drivers/etc and open host file in notepad.
add 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com on the bottom if missing and push save. then go back to itunes and update your iphone. enjoy guys the new ios 5.0 and hope this helped.

I kepp getting errpr 3200 "my iPhone" could not be retored. Any idea guys?

aksel23

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
For windows:
go to C: / WINDOWS/system32/drivers/etc and open host file in notepad.
add 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com on the bottom if missing and push save. then go back to itunes and update your iphone. enjoy guys the new ios 5.0 and hope this helped.

trying this now! mine didnt have that before now!

lilyq

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
error 3200

I am getting error 3200 also on all three devices. iphone 4, ipad2, and ipod touch 4. I have rebooted twice but it's a no go.:(

sonalita1

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
This would make more sense if we were getting the error when trying to download it, not install it. If we have the information/update why do we need their servers to be less full?

Dooble, it;s because just before iTunes applies the update to your device, it validates with apple servers that it's a recognized and valid device - and that's the part that's failing with the 3200 error

Dooble

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Dooble, it;s because just before iTunes applies the update to your device, it validates with apple servers that it's a recognized and valid device - and that's the part that's failing with the 3200 error

Oooh, I apologize if my statement seemed angry, im just an impatient man haha, Also for everyone still getting 3200 putting my phone in airplane mode helped and is installing as I type.

EvilJack

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure it doesn't help that we've each tried the install about 20 times since it first failed.

You know you have. :D

k_heetland

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
So...this basically means that if I just keep hitting update, eventually it'll go through? I've probably tried 15 times by now, restarted comp, iphone, and tried airplane mode.

ugh...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen