Update Still Won't Work :(

sandman1318

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I just saw in YouTube where a guy with the 3200 problem called Apple Care and they said it means the servers are overloaded. Just have to keep on trying I guess.

Grantj

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
same issue error 3200

I have tried several times (at least 6) and I get the same issue.

I also noticed that the before upgrade backup is taking forever. Not sure why? It never did that before.

I cleaned the dock connector port (had some dirt and debris) and I hard reset the phone.

I am trying again now.

drunk_samurai

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Geeez guys, seriously. Its as simple as downloading it and shift clicking on restore in iTunes. And let the magic do its work.

Again: Download iOS 5 For iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad 2, 1, iPod touch [Final Version Direct Download Links] | Redmond Pie

Just get your firmware over there, or heck, do it at any other site that hosts the files.

This will solve the 3200 problem

Doesn't iTunes still run the authentication check on the ipws file? People are able to down the ipws file its when they are trying to upload the file to their device using iTunes.

violeta1553

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I saw that a few people said they skipped the backup part of the ios5 update. How do you do that? I keep trying to install (like everyone else) and the backup is taking forever! (I just made this account to ask that)

Blade_Run

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I also got the error 3200 today. I kept retrying to install, by unplugging and plugging in the usb cable into the pc. Eventually it worked. I didnt do anything different the time it started to work. Good luck.

enophi

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Error 3200 while updating IOS5

Hi everyone..after viewing all threads in many forums..finally I found a solution..its just trying till its get installed..I have done for more than 7 times..and finally I have installed successfully the IOS5 in my iphone..I think the error may be becoz of the servers..Enjoy guys..:)

niji

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
MY mistake

add #127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com to bottom if not there. (all done as administrator) restart itunes. and comp. if doesnt work. then update phone. previous message was for downgrading. sorry

For windows:
go to C: / WINDOWS/system32/drivers/etc and open host file in notepad.
add 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com on the bottom if missing and push save. then go back to itunes and update your iphone. enjoy guys the new ios 5.0 and hope this helped.

damenace

May 4, 2011
Visit site
After the 5th try it looks to be working. Didn't do anything different so I guess my only advice is to try, try again!

coheteloco

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
iTunes will verify the download with Apple

It says that before the thing starts, it will verify the download with Apple. That's what it's doing. or not doing as the case may be. it really is as simple as repeating the process until you can get connected with the server.

dispatcher307

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
If I downloaded the file do I have to keep hitting update or can I just click on restore (to save it from doing the 20th backup in the last hour)?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73