iMessenger thoughts

Obei Nice

May 11, 2011
Visit site
So you want to have to go to two places depending on whether they are an iMessage user or not? :confused: Apple made it simple just like everything else they do.

its not that complicated to "add a person" for another app. BBM was great to the point where apple had to create iMessage. Coming from blackberry the stand alone app would have been the better way to go. if i have your number there's really no point except that its blue and i use more of my unlimited data

ivan1.ruiz

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
i like the way they built it right into the text message app. I love it cause i can talk to family in mexico and Netherlands and Peru

erikbock

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My bigest issue with it is that since it uses the data plan, if I am in an area that has a dense user population of data it is slow to respond. SMS, not using data per se responds much quicker. My smaller problem, is that even though I have it, about half of the people I text don't so I still have to have an unlimited text plan.

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed some of my iMessages fail to deliver so I have to resend them. Kinda of annoying when I send one and need a response back from that person only to check the app after some time and notice it was never even sent. But it's cool nonetheless.

Gooster

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if it's this thread or another iMessage thread but I was having problems sending messages to my friend who is in my own damned plan yesterday and today. At first I thought I was confusing the server or something by having both my phone number and my Apple ID on my phone so I unlinked my ID from iMessage and messages were going fine.

At first I thought it was my reception but regular SMS goes through just fine. iMessages from my wi-fi only iPad 2 go through just fine and incredibly fast so it can't be my internet connection. Not sure what the issue is! I really don't want it to be a hardware issue. I'm not in the mood to visit an Apple Store or a Sprint store.

I like the unlimited character usage and watching messages blaze on my iPad is great, but this is frankly getting annoying. :mad:

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Its more useful for people who have IPod touch and iPad but still will come in useful when needed but only if all your friends have iPhone and you can access a network outside of your house if you haven't got 3g then its effectively useless outside

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
My wife loves it...she can now see when her friends read her texts...she now knows they got the message. Drama in 3...2.. ;)

david2115

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Just trying to get my head round this so bear with me. When I iMessage my wife from mi iPad I'd only does it using her @me address and not her telephone number..she gets the message on helipad and phone. My daughter only has a phone but I have to connect through her mobile number from my iPad as her @me address won't connect. Why would that be? Suppose it does not really matter as the message is sent but I'm just interested.

entwined82

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the me address is only a fallback in case there isn't a phone number associated with an iphone. You don't need to send it to that so it doesn't let you.

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
its not that complicated to "add a person" for another app. BBM was great to the point where apple had to create iMessage. Coming from blackberry the stand alone app would have been the better way to go. if i have your number there's really no point except that its blue and i use more of my unlimited data

Um. BBM uses your data plan as well.

celpower

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
iMessage

It has yet to work with my iPhone 4 (Verizon).
It did work with my iPod and iPad 2, i turned off from my iPod and now i just don't receive them.
Also, anything i send does not get received. Frustrating as this was one of the things i was really looking forward to as i do not have a message plan.

Last edited:

MiPhone3204

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
iMessage Deleting Question

Has anyone been able to get there iMessage to delete across multiple devices? I have everything set up with the correct caller id settings as I receive messages across multiple devices, but when I delete it only deletes on the native device (running on iPhone4s and iPad2). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ADGrant

Jun 14, 2007
Visit site
Unfortunately iMessages does not sync over iCloud. The other annoying limitation is if someone iMessages my cell, it doesn't get sent to my iPad.

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Since most of the people that I know have an iPhone running iOs 5, I am really liking iMessage. I don't have a texting plan, so this feature really cuts back on the pay per text charges for me.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

shihtzu3

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
iMessage to any contacts ios5 or not?

so unless the person I am texting has an iPhone or iPad 2 then I can't sent a text from my ipad2? when I try it displays the contacts info but the won't send and says contact # not registered with iMessage.. what's up with that? if so its as useless as FaceTime unless your In a group of friends and people who all.have iproducts or you can't use it. anyone have the same iMessage problem or might I have something wrong ?

ADGrant

Jun 14, 2007
Visit site
so unless the person I am texting has an iPhone or iPad 2 then I can't sent a text from my ipad2? when I try it displays the contacts info but the won't send and says contact # not registered with iMessage.. what's up with that? if so its as useless as FaceTime unless your In a group of friends and people who all.have iproducts or you can't use it. anyone have the same iMessage problem or might I have something wrong ?

You can't iMessage someone who doesn't have iMessage. To have iMessage, you need an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS5 with iMessage enabled.

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
Unfortunately iMessages does not sync over iCloud. The other annoying limitation is if someone iMessages my cell, it doesn't get sent to my iPad.

You may not have this set up correctly. Any text sent to my phone, go to my iPad. And visa versa. Make sure your phone has the same email (and Apple ID) you used to set up iMessage on your iPad.

This will only work iOS5 to iOS5.

ADGrant

Jun 14, 2007
Visit site
You may not have this set up correctly. Any text sent to my phone, go to my iPad. And visa versa. Make sure your phone has the same email (and Apple ID) you used to set up iMessage on your iPad.

This will only work iOS5 to iOS5.

What happens when your cell phone number is used instead of your apple id?

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
What happens when your cell phone number is used instead of your apple id?

Actually, you need to use your cell number. But you also need to add the email address you used on your iPad.

Settings > Messages > Received At

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2