Was set to pull the trigger on iOS5, when...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I went ahead and did it and am now running stock. After years of being jailbroken, it's WEIRD. I definitely miss things and will rejailbreak, but I also knew I'd want some iOS 5 features eventually?glad I got it done now.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm holding off for now. I probably won't upgrade until the untethered jb comes out. I like to hedge my bets, and anyway, by the time that the jb comes out, i'll know about all the possible bugs.:)

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So, I'm just gonna put this out there -- the tethered jailbreak isn't all that bad. I was a staunch "I'm not jailbreaking until it's untethered!" kind of guy for the longest. But then I got antsy when I started installing the beta versions of OS 5. I don't turn my phone off at night (I put it in Airplane Mode) and I don't habitually reboot my phone. I might do it every couple of the days, and redsn0w is super easy. So, give the tethered thing a shot. Not that big of a deal for me, and I thought it would be a nightmare.

I was the same way, but I really wanted to try beta's of OS 5 too. I was surprised how easy it is to do a tethered JB. It's not bad at all. I just know that I can't download any cydia apps when I'm not at home, incase they require a reboot. give it a shot. The only this that I can't use that I wanted to from OS 4 is Perpage HTML where it looks like the HTC weather widget. Still worth it though.

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I took the plunge iOS 5 is nice but I miss my custom txt tones bitesms and sbsetting not to mention timelesshd theme. Hopefully a good jailbreak will come out soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the TiPb mods wrote that it is now possible to add custom text tones in iOS5. Have you tried doing so?

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses guys. I think I may take the plunge tonight if I can get all the redsnow stuff I need together.

It's nice having a Mac now so I get earlier access, as I was quite jealous last time waiting on the windows mode.

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Those of you running on the tethered jailbreak, I looked at the redsnow beta, and saw this:

THIS JAILBREAK IS INTENDED ONLY FOR DEVELOPERS OF JAILBROKEN APPS! There are just too many broken components (Apple?s official apps, 3rd-party App Store apps, Cydia apps, MobileSubstrate apps, etc) for this to be useful to anyone but those truly looking to fix bugs in their iOS 5 jailbroken apps. (Seriously!)

So that made me concerned that the apps I'm after wouldn't work anyways. Anyone know the status on MiWi and most importantly BiteSMS in iOS 5 tethered jailbreak via redsnow?

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Those of you running on the tethered jailbreak, I looked at the redsnow beta, and saw this:

So that made me concerned that the apps I'm after wouldn't work anyways. Anyone know the status on MiWi and most importantly BiteSMS in iOS 5 tethered jailbreak via redsnow?

MiWi has already been updated for 5.0 (just checked), and I remember someone saying a few weeks ago that BiteSMS was in beta for 5.0.. so it's probably almost there too.

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why I was being lazy lol ba quick google search says both are working. Let's hope they are right :)

jmhenry5150

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
can reboot if I need to and not lose my phone until I get home. I'm a long way from my home computer when I'm at work (53 mile one-way commute), and that's a long time to be without my phone

Can someone answer this?

Don't want to be tethered and reboot and loose my phone until I get home...

Thanks!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR