iOS 5 Findings, Issues, & Fixes

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
How do you turn off Notifications universally, for the night?

In iOS4 you went to Settings, Notifications, and there was an on/off button. Now- turn each one off separately?? Really??

akmolin

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
seems like certain people are having issues where others arent. I am having no issues at least that I have noticed yet. I upgraded to iOS 5 at like 2:15am on October 13 so wondering if maybe something got jacked up whenever ya'll upgraded

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
no not true on the power part.. I reinstalled itunes and rebooted the pc, re-launched itunes and bam my iphone and ipad showed up hit sync on each one and it worked.. now I need to see what happens when I close itunes and restart

Does iTunes need to be "running" or will it sync even if my computer is in sleep mode with iTunes not open on computer?

swampbaby

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I had hell trying to update the iPhone 4 to iOS 5 but eventually had success. However I had better luck with updating the iPad first, but iTunes gave me an error something about (-50) and even though both iDevices are running iOS 5 the iPad has NO keyboard clicks sounds...all the settings are turned on for it to be making the keyboard clicks but it just isn't. I thought about doing a restore and reinstalling the OS but I don't think I want to go through that headache again and I'll just deal without the keyboard clicks. As long as I can hear audio with movies/music...I'm good!

ronmcse

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
What do you get?

I am currently running iOS 4.3.3 JB. Could someone please tell me or point me where it has been told, what all is new in iOS 5? I need to weigh it against my JB to see if it is worth it. :D

Cashflo21

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
seems like certain people are having issues where others arent. I am having no issues at least that I have noticed yet. I upgraded to iOS 5 at like 2:15am on October 13 so wondering if maybe something got jacked up whenever ya'll upgraded

You know I think that right there is the problem.. Because I see that not everyone is having an issue.. I downloaded the iOS 5 during the peek hours when it was like a 4 hour wait and maybe during the download something weird happened to my iOS download.

jmgilliam#IM

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Why when i go into notifications and edit the order they are in, after I close out and go back in they are in a different order?

I have it set to manually under sort, or do i not understand how it works? I would like to put my stock ticker to the top, then weather below and so on...

Also, if you were to sort apps: "by time" is this saying that it will sort the notifications in the notifications screen based on a first come basis? so if i get an email at 1:00 and a reminder at 2:00, the email will be above in the notifications area?

I have the same problem. Very annoying.

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
The issue that I found is that me text tone will repeat if I don't look at it right away but in the notification settings I have it set to never repeat. Anyone else have this happen?

swsmpbaby985

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok I decided to do a restore of my iPad 2 because the lack of keyboard clicks would come in handy sometimes, other times I kinda want it. So before I did a restore iTunes asked if I wanted to backup the iPad first. Done the backup, restored iPad with iTunes..began the setup process and now I had keyboard clicks sounds. Then got to the part where I was asked if I wanted to set up the iPad from the iCloud backup or set up as new. I choose to set up via the iCloud backup and suddenly no more keyboard clicks! WTF? Then iTunes shows me this error message:

View attachment 10683

Should I have restored as a new iPad or was there something that went wrong somewhere?:confused:

roninld

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have a slight delay when swiping between apps? When swiping to Safari from say AppStore, my first touch won't register. I have to touch Safari screen a second time before it will register.

Otherwise, iOS 5 installed without problem.

Thanks

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
My LED flash alert is only working whenever it feels like it. I know that it is supposed to work when the phone is face down or in a dark room. However, about 60% of the time, it doesn't work even then.

iPhone 4, GSM. Upgraded to iOS 5 at about 3:00 P.M. on the 12th.

MikeB43

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Same here. When I look at the iPhone in iTunes, it shows the whole list in the phone. The phone itself only shows three. So if I go to the ringtones tab and tell it to sync ringtones it says something to the effect of "Are you sure you want to sync ringtones? You will lose all music movies and _________[something else] on this device. So I haven't done it.

Remove your Ringtones in itunes (uncheck them) and Sync. Recheck the ones you want and Sync again. that fixed mine. :)

sMhsn

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
my push notifications for facebook & Twitter apps are not workign after the update of iOS 5 can anyone please help I did everything re-installed them restored the iPhone as New but no luck !!!

t.rockwell

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Noticed a bug with the LED flash notification. If the device is turned off it will break the LED Flash notification and you have to turn the setting off and back on again to get it to work again.

Reactions: ChemEngr

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh