iOS 5 Findings, Issues, & Fixes

dmstrom

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I updated fine, I think. But my lockscreen widgets and photo button do not appear. Is there anything I need to do to get that working?

joshuamj

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Mine is working now. After restarting my computer/phone multiple times with no changes, I think it's just a waiting game. I was simply sitting watching tv for a couple minutes and tried again, and the "Internal Error" message didn't show up. Find something productive to do to keep your mind off of it, then try every 15 minutes or so.

I knooooooooow, "After months of waiting Apple is making us wait even longer!!"

iTreHayes

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Running GM, still no Newsstand, can't add contacts from the contacts app, lost Genius in Music app, and System updates is still throwing out errors. Any one with the PR version have these problems?

EDIT:EDIT: I restored my phone to the PR version, Newsstand is fully functional, "+" contacts seems to be back, Genius back on, and System updates is say I am up to date. :) IM HAPPY

Last edited:

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I updated to iOS 5 pretty well. My lock screen though doesn't show the widgets and what not like it showed in the video over at Apple. Someone help me out with this?

Stunningrl

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to restore the applications back to iphone4 after upgrading to ios5??

Thank you
:)

Hey guys. I updated to iOS 5 pretty well. My lock screen though doesn't show the widgets and what not like it showed in the video over at Apple. Someone help me out with this?

You just need to double click the home button before you unlock the screen

Reactions: pipemilo

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I am sorry that i dont know but can you tell me how to get applications back since i have lost all of it

Hopefully you backed yup your phone on iTunes. If so just go to the apps tab and make sure you click on the box next to SYNC then just choose the ones you want to sync back and boom.

Stunningrl

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully you backed yup your phone on iTunes. If so just go to the apps tab and make sure you click on the box next to SYNC then just choose the ones you want to sync back and boom.

Umm i dont know just my applications are missing rest all photos and songs are still there ThankGod :p

Stunningrl

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah all my apps disappeared too. I just went into iTunes and went to the Apps tab and they were all there. Synced them back and now I got them all.

Oh ok in my itunes nothing is there in the apps tab so i guess i need to install all manually
And whats with this imessage app dosent it works like BBM??

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Oh ok in my itunes nothing is there in the apps tab so i guess i need to install all manually
And whats with this imessage app dosent it works like BBM??

Yeah looks like you are going to have to do it manually. Be sure you sync your phone to iTunes so you don't have to do it in the future again. lol.

I noticed that you can see when your person you are texting when they are replying as it shows the .... when they are replying to a message.

Stunningrl

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah looks like you are going to have to do it manually. Be sure you sync your phone to iTunes so you don't have to do it in the future again. lol.

I noticed that you can see when your person you are texting when they are replying as it shows the .... when they are replying to a message.

Yep i always keep it sync but i guess not the apps anyways like BBM needed a pin right is that not required for ios 5??

Tillsworth

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
All updated, everything looks good. The only thing that I find a little peculiar (which may be me doing something wrong) is the calender app. When going to create a new event, the clock wheel starts at 23.00 rather than at 09.00 like it used to. I also had a few issues with the time zones of my events. I am over in the UK and my events on my phone from before the update were showing at different times (I think they were in the California time zone).

My time zone is set to GMT so I'm not sure why this would be. Anyway, I manually changed all the times and all looks okay now, but I'm still a bit confused as to why the automatic time setting for the clock in calender is 11pm rather than the morning. Not that big a deal really, but I just wondered if I had done something wrong with regards to the time settings.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro