iOS 5 Findings, Issues, & Fixes

Kels215

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
LED light

Update went well. Got the error message twice but just make sure your pc/mac is up to date then try again. I had to update my MAC first then it worked fine...But question...

Under Settings and accessibility, there is something about flash LED for alerts, can explain what this feature is about please?

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
While attempting to update my husbands iPhone 4 I had issues with the backup portion, resolved those by a computer restart...

Then all was going well until the dreaded error message....

"iPhone cannot be restored at this time because iPhone software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later"..... UGHHHHHHH

Tillsworth

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Another thing I've noticed, is now in iTunes under 'Artists' it now displays the album artist rather than the actual song artists.

For example, I have the 500 Days of Summer soundtrack on my phone and whereas before it would list all the songs under their individual artists, now it lists them all under '500 Days of Summer' as an artist.

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
You can now add folders in the native mail app! Go into mail>mailboxes>accounts then open the specific account you want to add the folder/label to and hit edit in the top right corner while inside the account.

Edit: well u can do it in a yahoo account, but unfortunately when I try to add to gmail (set up as an exchange account) it says "Unable to create mailbox the mailbox couldn't be created on the server" I wonder if I was to change to IMAP if that would make a difference? Does anyone know?

Last edited:

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Text messages are showing up on lock screen and in notification screen (pull down from top of screen) but no email showing up

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Why when i go into notifications and edit the order they are in, after I close out and go back in they are in a different order?

I have it set to manually under sort, or do i not understand how it works? I would like to put my stock ticker to the top, then weather below and so on...

Also, if you were to sort apps: "by time" is this saying that it will sort the notifications in the notifications screen based on a first come basis? so if i get an email at 1:00 and a reminder at 2:00, the email will be above in the notifications area?

jlynnp13

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
No music or videos

IPhone 4 I've tried syncing wired and wireless NUMEROUS times but I can't get any of my music or movies on. I'm not using iCloud. Any ideas?!?

simonsaysbrown

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Podcast Stuck at 1/2x Playback

Finally updated my 1st gen iPad to iOS 5 and so far everything is running smoothly except for my podcasts. I usually play them back at 2x but I have the option to change to whichever speed I desire. Since updating, playback is set to 1/2x and I can't seem to find an option to change this. Any help is greatly appreciated!

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Under settings>store there is an option for "use cellular data" where it uses cellular data to download purchases. If enabled, is this basically saying that if you are not in a wifi area that is will use cellular to download apps, music, etc.?

wolfnuke

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
So it appears that 3GS may not have location based reminders? I don't remember hearing about that before but it isn't an option on mine and I have seen it mentioned on other forums tonight...

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone else lose their album artwork? It's still syncing so I'm holding out hope that it'll be restored... That's kind of annoying though. I had to manually apply artwork for a lot of my music.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro