Read-Only Notes?

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The default note app on my jailbroken Verizon IP4 running 4.2.8 has been acting very strangely for awhile.Whenever the app is removed from memory, either through killing the process, a respring, etc., it reverts back to its state on August 21. Any notes added are lost, any changes to a note are lost, and any deleted notes are revived. If I make some notes, then sync in itunes, they don't come back on resync.

I first noticed this in early September when I lost changes to a note I use to store price change information on stuff we buy at costco before it gets entered in a spreadsheet. I used to have the jailbroken app myfile on the phone, but I don't recall futzing around with the notes app files at any time when I had the app.

How do I correct this without losing the notes I have?

Eric Gunther

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
well most probably the jailbroken thing has been the reason why your phone is behaving oddly. i would suggest you to please considering installing the original version of iOS to get rid of all these problems.

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
OK, but this phone has been jailbroken since I got it 8 months ago. So I don't think the mere fact that it's jailbroken is the answer.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh