New iphone arrives friday! JB advice needed.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
So pumped! Anyways, I plan on jailbreaking it, should I do so before syncing with itunes? Should I wait to see if there are any bugs when jailbreaking the 4s? What method should I use to JB it? Jailbreakme.com seems the easiest, but I've never used that before. I'm on AT&T btw.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
jailbreakme.com won't work with the new firmware; it's only for 4.3.3 and below. (Or was it 4.3.4? Anyway, Apple closed that hole as soon as it was released.). Redsn0w is the method most updated for use with iOS 5, but it's possible you'll need to wait a couple of days to use it with the final release.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
jailbreakme.com won't work with the new firmware; it's only for 4.3.3 and below. (Or was it 4.3.4? Anyway, Apple closed that hole as soon as it was released.). Redsn0w is the method most updated for use with iOS 5, but it's possible you'll need to wait a couple of days to use it with the final release.

Ok, so the JB for iOS5 on the 4s isn't yet available?

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, Redsnow 0.9.9b3's tethered jailbreak works on the GM of iOS 5 on the ip4, so we know it can jailbreak what's going live tomorrow, but we won't know until people start trying to jailbreak their 4S's whether it will work on the 4S. There's no untethered jailbreak for iOS 5 yet.

Last edited:

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
So pumped! Anyways, I plan on jailbreaking it, should I do so before syncing with itunes? Should I wait to see if there are any bugs when jailbreaking the 4s? What method should I use to JB it? Jailbreakme.com seems the easiest, but I've never used that before. I'm on AT&T btw.

Wait it out because there should be an untethered jailbreak pretty shortly after the official iOS 5 and iPhone 4S release.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Wait it out because there should be an untethered jailbreak pretty shortly after the official iOS 5 and iPhone 4S release.

+1 the jailbreak devs have reported that ios5 has 5 exploits available. So we will see a untethered jailbreak soon after release. I think they are waiting for a update from Apple which usually happens a few days to a week after a phone release after bugs are reported. ios5 is out and on the new phones but a ios5.01 or something will probaly soon follow. But the popular jailbreak now for ios5 is redsnow. See in my signature. It is a tethered jailbreak though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro