Need a confirmed Ebook/Ibook reader for ios5, ibooks not working

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Ibooks isn't working for me on ios5. Its up to date but hasn't seen a update since September. I would have thought Apples very own apps would be ios5 ready but I guess not. App just pops up for a second than closes. Is there another kind of app like ibooks thats confirmed to work on ios5 I can read my books/pdfs that I have synced with Itunes.

Thanks in advance
Josh

gregorypleau

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I have no problems with iBooks on iOS5. You should be updated to 1.3 to be iOS5 friendly.
Though I tend to prefer the Kindle app for my reading.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I am jailbroken. And prior to last night they didn't have a recent update for ibooks. Evidently Apple read my post, lol. But after I woke up this morning the update was posted online. So basically It was only optimized for ios4. This was the 1st app store app I had issues with on ios5 but everything is a ok now. I think all my current app store apps have received updates the last 3 or 4 days. Seems like I've been updating all my apps all day everyday. I am however still having issues with ibooks. I only have 1 book in it. Dan Browns The Lost Symbol in pdf form. On Itunes everything seems to be set right on it. So not sure whats up. The ibooks app will load for about 4 to 5 seconds and than close out. I've had the new updated ibooks and the update before this one with no changes.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
iBooks not working on jail broken devices is a known issue with no resolution.

Thanks Tim. Never in almost 3 years of jailbreaking have I had a app store app issue. Thanks I would have just installed and reinstalled and rebooted and synced,etc to figure it out.

Whats another good alternative to Ibooks. I get pdf books online and throw them into my itunes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73