Feature on Safari - Recently Closed Tabs

mperkel

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Just discovered this by accident.

On iOS 5:

On Safari, hold down the + sign you use to open new tab.
A list of Recently Close Tabs comes up.

Very useful!

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I wished the iphone would have gotten tabbed browsing like the Ipad did on ios5. Doesn't make since some of the features being on 1 and not the other.

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Well I think that's the point.

Apple needs each device to have it's own set of features while still sharing the same iOS. This provides incentive to purchase two devices (iPhone and iPad, for example). I'm going to say that it's worked, because since iOS 5, I wouldn't let my iPad or my iPhone go.

The tabbed browsing feature would be cool for iPhone, but I imagine they knew that as small as the screen is, it may provide a less than comfortable way to surf the web. At least we can open pages and keep others running behind it.

davjaxn

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
There is already enough waited space in Safari on iPhone so I would think that taps would just take up more space. Not to mention how difficult it could be to select the teeny tiny tabs with a finger!

gregorypleau

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Really I'm perfectly fine with how multiple pages are handled under Safari on iPhone. Hitting the little icon in the bottom right to switch active pages works fine for me, and I don't really want to give up the screen real estate for a list of active tabs. Makes perfect sense on the larger iPad display but not on the iPhone one.

Reactions: anon(157335)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice