Google Voice & iOS 5 notifications

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Quick question, how is the official Google Voice app work with the new iOS 5 notifications? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

KrispyKrink

May 14, 2011
Visit site
The same as all other notifications. You can customize it like all the others to appear at the top instead of dead center on the screen and it'll be in Notification Center.

One problem with the app though, I've had to load the GV app after each reboot of the phone to get it to receive push. But, they just rolled out an update this morning that may address that issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: j7469

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
The same as all other notifications. You can customize it like all the others to appear at the top instead of dead center on the screen and it'll be in Notification Center.

One problem with the app though, I've had to load the GV app after each reboot of the phone to get it to receive push. But, they just rolled out an update this morning that may address that issue.

Thanks for the reply, can you swipe from the lock screen & enter the application like you can on the native SMS?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I've got 3 GV apps, I forget which one is "official," but they all work great on iOS 5, and all show up in the Notification Center.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR