Do I have to update iTunes to use iOS 5?

pb&J

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks,

I have a very old slow desktop computer and I haven't updated iTunes in a long time because each time I do it gets slower and slower to run. Do I have to update my iTunes in order for it to work with my (soon to be) new iPhone 4S?

Thanks in advance!

auntiewiv

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Sadly yes. iOS 5 will only sync with iTunes 10.5 when it's released on the 12th.

Sent from my iPhone iOS5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: pb&J

pb&J

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Are you saying that both the new iOS and the new iTunes are released on the 12th? I guess I will wait until that day before I update my iTunes.

It would be funny if I end up getting a new computer just to work with my iPhone. Talk about the tail wagging the dog!

auntiewiv

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes both released on 12th. Once you have ios5 on your phone iCloud and iTunes match (once its released later this month) should do away for the need for iTunes. :)

pb&J

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
But if I want the music and podcasts on my computer to be the same as those on my iPhone, don't they have to sync somehow? I use iTunes on my computer a lot.

auntiewiv

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
If your a heavy iTunes user on your pc you might be surprised by the new version, I did find it to be snappier than previous versions but still not as quick as on my mac.

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Wireless syncing is one of the greatest iOS 5 features. With iTunes 10.5 and iOS 5, you will no longer have to plug in to sync. It's fantastic not having a bunch of white cables cluttering things up. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro