What time will IOS 5 download be available on the 12th?

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Why risk downloading software that could screw up my phone or computer, when i can wait a few hours for the official release from Apple

isrararrafi

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
^^^ I have the GM and a some of the stuffs r still not working,.,,,location based reminder is not in it..only day based reminder...no gestures working

gregorypleau

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
^^^ I have the GM and a some of the stuffs r still not working,.,,,location based reminder is not in it..only day based reminder...no gestures working

Location Based Reminders can't be set for an Exchange Account.

Make sure you are using LBR folders "on my iPhone" or "iCloud". If you're syncing to a Tasks folder from Exchange/Activesync (i.e. Google Push!) it won't give you the location field.

Reactions: isrararrafi

bgarrick87

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I can see it now (the future!):

"Well I didn't get my degree, and McDonalds has it's up's and down's. But I got my iOS5 update 6 hours before I normally would"

lol

Haha. Nah my teacher is an iPhone user as well and he said he wasn't coming. And I have already submitted my assignments for the other classes!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
This is the official version, fellas. I don't know how to explain that the GM is the final release any clearer than I already have. But, to each his own. I'm just saying there's no reason to put your life on hold for something you can already get.

Anyways, here's an in-depth how-to on updating:
iOS 5 - How To Update Your iDevice | MacTrast

Yeah, i appreciate the advice and i've known that there have been iOS 5 files out there on the internet, but i'd rather wait for the official release

isrararrafi

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Location Based Reminders can't be set for an Exchange Account.

Make sure you are using LBR folders "on my iPhone" or "iCloud". If you're syncing to a Tasks folder from Exchange/Activesync (i.e. Google Push!) it won't give you the location field.

Can you Elaborate a bit more..? What are LBR folders? I have 3 mail accounts set up..iCloud me.com, a gmail account which I just changed to normal gmail rather than exchange push one and a university email set up as exchange. Every syncing option is turned on for all 3. But not getting anything in the reminders yet

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, what a great teacher. I hope it's an iOS development course - that may be understandable to a certain extent, though I see it no reason to skip class.

You guys all know that it will still be there when you leave class? It may even be easier to access because millions of people will not be flooding the servers. And it kills time.

Reactions: anon(52425)

gregorypleau

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Can you Elaborate a bit more..? What are LBR folders? I have 3 mail accounts set up..iCloud me.com, a gmail account which I just changed to normal gmail rather than exchange push one and a university email set up as exchange. Every syncing option is turned on for all 3. But not getting anything in the reminders yet

LBR = Location Based Reminder.

Tap the icon at the top left of the screen with three horizontal bars. That will show you your lists. You can make more lists like "Home" or "Work" there. If the list is associated with your University email account, or your Gmail account, the iPhone won't let you set a Location Based Reminder on that list.

If the list is associated with your iCloud account (not MobileMe account), or it's "On My iPhone" then you can set a Location for the reminder.

On the main reminders screen, swipe left or right to go between your Lists.

iphone_guy

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
We know the GM version is the official one, it just wouldn't work with the new version of itunes unless you hook it up and run it through...at least that's what happened when I went to gm4.0, I had to download itunes when the sw came out and re-install it with the "official" public version for me to be able to restore back to what I had and what not.

isrararrafi

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
LBR = Location Based Reminder.

Tap the icon at the top left of the screen with three horizontal bars. That will show you your lists. You can make more lists like "Home" or "Work" there. If the list is associated with your University email account, or your Gmail account, the iPhone won't let you set a Location Based Reminder on that list.

If the list is associated with your iCloud account (not MobileMe account), or it's "On My iPhone" then you can set a Location for the reminder.

On the main reminders screen, swipe left or right to go between your Lists.

Tried it under my me.com ID
Nothing so far. I see u have an iPhone...mine is a iPad wifi version... Maybe this one is only for 3G capable devices..:S

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen