What time will IOS 5 download be available on the 12th?

Tillsworth

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody know if it's released at different times in different countries? I ask because I am in the UK and don't wanna wait until the evening to download it if it's not being released until the afternoon in the USA. I'm impatient! :D

pipemilo

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I think its around 10 am PST, if I'm correct :D
Also to clear up some minds, I think ios5 already comes with the iphone 4s right?
so no downloading needed :)

ivan1.ruiz

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hope is early lol my wife is mad because I have ios 5 on my 3GS and she doesn't yet and hates how her phone is not as fast as mine and her battery doesn't last as long either lol

" Think different"

~ Steve Jobs ~

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hope is early lol my wife is mad because I have ios 5 on my 3GS and she doesn't yet and hates how her phone is not as fast as mine and her battery doesn't last as long either lol

" Think different"

~ Steve Jobs ~

Put the GM on her phone. Problem solved.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
It usually drops around noon. A little fluctuation here or there. I honestly don't care what time it hits. I am using the GM so it's usually an identical build.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Well according to Murphy's law, it will be released once you are not near a computer to download it right away.

kidwithhelmet

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Might be a dumb question, but will this be the first update available "via the cloud" or are we sure that you still need to connect to a mac/PC?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Might be a dumb question, but will this be the first update available "via the cloud" or are we sure that you still need to connect to a mac/PC?

The major "point" releases (5.0, 5.1, 5.2) will require iTunes to update/install. The OTA is reserved for smaller, incremental releases (5.0.1, 5.0.2, etc)

Reactions: kidwithhelmet

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if it still will happen, given how Apples upped their infrastructure.

Yeah, I think it will still be chaos. The serves will be slammed with everyone wanting it. That's part of the reason that I went GM (I did all of the betas) - I can do any incremental update OTA.

gregorypleau

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
That's a trick question... because what will be released IS the GM version. There may be an update closely following (within the first week) the initial 5.0 release on 10/12, and it should be available via OTA and iTunes.

What I am hearing /reading is that the minor releases (5.0.1, 5.0.2, etc) will be available both via OTA and iTunes. The "point" releases (5.1, 5.2) will only be available via iTunes. But until we get there, we won't know for sure.

Remove "iTunes" replace with "WiFi". The OTA updates (and iCloud) are intended to replace iTunes, so you don't have to own a computer to update your iOS devices. When the updates get too big, they get restricted to WiFi vs 3G.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh