What time will IOS 5 download be available on the 12th?

JeremyHD

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
wtf the 12th starts at 12am not 3am est

Apple runs off of California time. PDT. 12am (California, etc) them, 3am (Some Canadian Provinces & Some US states).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUESTION:
I don't have to update from iOS 5 GM to the public release of iOS 5, correct..?

Last edited:

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site
That's what I was thinking, too- give their servers a break. Oh well.

JeremyHD- I believe that is correct as the GM is what's loaded onto to 4S'.

Randy b

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:ok
Apple runs off of California time. PDT. 12am (California, etc) them, 3am (Some Canadian Provinces & Some US states).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUESTION:
I don't have to update from iOS 5 GM to the public release of iOS 5, correct..?

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I just hope I can upgrade between the time I get home from work and the time I have to be out to dinner... About 45 minutes. But I'll be checking for the update when I get up for work at 6:00am eastern. :D

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
THIS thread is "What time will iOS5 download be available on the 12th". I knew about the iTunes one, thought someone might have seen an early iOS release there that's all. I wasn't expecting iTunes until tomorrow either.

You're right... sorry to adding to the confusion.

But the fellow posting "It's here" obviously was talking about iTunes and NOT iOS 5.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Do you have to download iTunes 10.5 in order to get iOS 5, or is iTunes 10.5 just so you can use the iCloud once iOS 5 is out? Or will you still be able to download iOS 5 from an earlier version of iTunes? Cause I never download iTunes updates cause there are so many and it's a pain lol

HysteriaFTW

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't even understand why I'm so excited for it, but I can't wait. Starting at 12am EST im checking every hour to see if it's out. Hello no sleep tonight...

screwywabbit

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna take a guess and say 12Pacific and 3am eastern time. I think they will make some kind of announcement.

To the original thread starter. If you are pumped about Ios5. Just download the iosGM which is the same version all the Iphone4S's will get and is clean and out of beta. And than install it via Itunes. Just click Shift plus restore and choose the ios ipsw file you downloaded and there you go.

Josh

I installed the iOS GM and there are a few things missing - Cards app and details on the lock screen. So I guess they will release those in final version.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR