Wounded iPhone 4 - Seeking JB/Repair Advice

joyboy

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Have a jail broken iPhone 4 running 4.3.3. Today I lost the camera entirely. It goes to the camera app, tries to auto-focus, then locks up. Tried a reset but no joy.

Anyway, I'm sure I could take it to Apple and have it replaced, but a replacement is going to come with 4.3.5 which is tethered only for JB. my question is, if I replace the phone, can I downgrade to 4.3.3, jailbreak, and have my camera back?

I honestly think I would live without the camera until ios 5 is broken before I would lose my jailbreak. SB Settings, Lockinfo, and Firewall would be too hard to live without. Not to mention the little tweaks to fix the annoyances in iOS.

Thoughts? Advice? Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

joyboy

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Well, I went ahead and did it, but I'm having trouble getting it to reboot in tethered mode. I get through the entire process, go to the "Just boot tethered" step (after installing Cydia) and for whatever reason it doesn't work. I end up with a blank white Cydia icon that I can't run. I put it back in DFU mode, run redsnow with the 'boot tethered' option, but no joy. Not sure what is going on and I feel like I'm so close that I can taste it.

Any advice?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen