iPhone 4 in need of repair. Any suggestions?

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

I posted earlier this week that my iPhone 4 will no longer recognize a SIM card. Well, what really happens is that I can pop in a SIM card, and then a few minutes later, it for some reason disconnects and I get a NO SIM error message.

My question is does anyone know of a place that could potentially fix this problem? I took it to Apple and they just said they'd swap the phone for $199. Instead of that, I pre-ordered the 4S, but I'd like to have a fully functional 4 as well, but it's not worth it for me to pay $200 for it.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I posted earlier this week that my iPhone 4 will no longer recognize a SIM card. Well, what really happens is that I can pop in a SIM card, and then a few minutes later, it for some reason disconnects and I get a NO SIM error message.

My question is does anyone know of a place that could potentially fix this problem? I took it to Apple and they just said they'd swap the phone for $199. Instead of that, I pre-ordered the 4S, but I'd like to have a fully functional 4 as well, but it's not worth it for me to pay $200 for it.

Thanks.

Have you tried replacing the SIM? Go to your wireless carrier's store and explain the problem. AT&T has always replaced SIMs for free in this situation. It's cheaper and definitely worth a shot before spending $200 on a replacement phone.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Pay Apple Store a visit. chances are they will replace your iPhone 4 with a brand new one. Yes they are that great at customer service ! The best !

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
Have you tried replacing the SIM? Go to your wireless carrier's store and explain the problem. AT&T has always replaced SIMs for free in this situation. It's cheaper and definitely worth a shot before spending $200 on a replacement phone.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm one step ahead on that one. Yes, I did swap out the SIM twice, and both did the same thing. As soon as you insert the SIM, it will usually see the card there and will get a signal and can make calls for a few minutes or so, but then the error will pop up again. I can either pop out the SIM, put it back in to reset, or reboot the phone. I even tried to do a factory restore to no avail.

Pay Apple Store a visit. chances are they will replace your iPhone 4 with a brand new one. Yes they are that great at customer service ! The best !

Already tried that. My iP4 is out of warranty, so they said they could swap it for $199, which is money best used for my iP4S 64GB pre-order that I did yesterday.

So I didn't know if maybe there were any companies that might be able to repair it for like $50 bucks or something like that. I think that would be worth it, but $200 is rape.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm one step ahead on that one. Yes, I did swap out the SIM twice, and both did the same thing. As soon as you insert the SIM, it will usually see the card there and will get a signal and can make calls for a few minutes or so, but then the error will pop up again. I can either pop out the SIM, put it back in to reset, or reboot the phone. I even tried to do a factory restore to no avail.

Already tried that. My iP4 is out of warranty, so they said they could swap it for $199, which is money best used for my iP4S 64GB pre-order that I did yesterday.

So I didn't know if maybe there were any companies that might be able to repair it for like $50 bucks or something like that. I think that would be worth it, but $200 is rape.

I don't know where you live, but check craigslist. I know there are two places around me that repair iPhones for fairly cheap, and they advertise on CL.

kikideath

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't really consider $199 rape considering the full retail is $649 or $749 depending on capacity. And actually, Apple just changed the replacement fee from $199 to $149, so at least it'll save you fifty bucks. Unfortunately if reseating the sim tray and changing the card doesn't work, it may be as issue with the contacts inside. Is your phone liquid damaged in any way? You can check craigslist for people that repair iPhones but a lot of them are shady (not all of course) and of course are not authorized so YMMV. I'm not sure how accessible that area of the phone is but if you're tech savvy you could always disassemble it and clean those contacts. Usually disclaimer here, if you do disassemble it and screw it up I'm not responsible. Just covering my bases here. :)

Back In The Game

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 4 NO SIM

Hi all,

Thanks.

Hi Brad,
Check out our website. Sorry, I can't post links yet, Google search us "Back In The Game cellphone repair", or you can send me a PM. I normally repair that issue for $40.

peterthomas

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Well go for the authorized shop,do not go for any weak link please. you never know who is going to turn the warranty of phone void and not repairing it properly. Do no risk your phone. Go for Apple authorised shop only.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Look at your local craigslist. There are always guys on there who can fix Iphones whether its the screen or a new casing, etc. Than you don't have to ship the phone off or anything.

Josh

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Well go for the authorized shop,do not go for any weak link please. you never know who is going to turn the warranty of phone void and not repairing it properly. Do no risk your phone. Go for Apple authorised shop only.

I think it's out of warranty since Apple wanted to charge him $199 for a replacement.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox