Favorite unnoticed iOS 5 feature?

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I love the custom vibrations for contacts, and that you don't really have limit on how many you can save. Multi-touch gestures on the iPad are also irreplaceable and impressive. I think it's very cool how each device has its own features that set it apart from others. I have noticed though that Apple hasn't advertised new multi-touch gestures for iPad very much, if at all. I do wish the iPhone had similar gestures to keep from hitting the home button so often.

Email has been really fixed up, of course Apple advertised that since iOS 5 debuted. I do love that if I check my email on one device, it automatically updates all my devices.

Apple is just making this too much fun. :)

Last edited:

EvilJack

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Shortcuts for common phrases is great. Settings>General>Keyboard. Add your own and they are available anywhere you can type text. :)

This is huge. Something I've been missing badly since I left BlackBerry years ago. You really gotta wonder how such simple features that save so much time and effort don't make it to an iPhone for 5 years after other phone OSs have them.

angryceltic

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
This is huge. Something I've been missing badly since I left BlackBerry years ago. You really gotta wonder how such simple features that save so much time and effort don't make it to an iPhone for 5 years after other phone OSs have them.

I agree. Its pretty slick. Im waiting for someone to try imessage with me. Looks slick too.

isrararrafi

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
i like the fact that i can now search for specific words inside a web page!

i wish multigestures were working in the ipad. i haven't used the betas but it certainly aint working in GM (along with location based reminder, which people are saying started working after a reinstall)

and i love the fact that while wireless syncing i can do w/e i want and i dont have to wait for it to finish syncing :D

Reactions: avmsam

drarif

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
so i have got the ios 5 GM. will i be able to update my iphone from itunes when apple releases the ios 5 for public? orl i will have any problems??

EvilJack

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
so i have got the ios 5 GM. will i be able to update my iphone from itunes when apple releases the ios 5 for public? orl i will have any problems??

Yup. Just plug it into iTunes after iOS 5 is officially released and iTunes will tell you there is a newer version available. It will upgrade the same way as if you were upgrading from 4.2 to 4.3.

Reactions: drarif

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking forward to everything because this will be my first iPhone haha. I will say that everything I have seen and read make me excited to be coming to an iPhone at this time :)

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I was just gonna ask that is it possible when the new update comes out to do it over the air via iPhone? Will we be able to update the new software over the phone when it comes out Wednesday?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I was just gonna ask that is it possible when the new update comes out to do it over the air via iPhone? Will we be able to update the new software over the phone when it comes out Wednesday?

That's after you update to iOS 5 thru iTunes. All updates after that are ota. That's my understanding of it

B

bonesb

Opening Safari Links...

The new setting for Safari to open links in the background is one of my favorites. Cuts down on lots of tapping in Safari to get to new pages.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox