Clearing Notifications from LockScreen?

lowridinguy

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
So I upgraded to iOS 5GM and I like it so far. One thing I can not figure out how to do or if it's even possible is to clear the notifications from the Lockscreen. I am used to LockInfo where you could just "X" out the email, SMS or any notification from the lockscreen.

It seems like you have to unlock the phone in order to clear the notifications as opposed to just being able to clear them or disregard them from the lockscreen.

Anyone know a workaround to this??

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So I upgraded to iOS 5GM and I like it so far. One thing I can not figure out how to do or if it's even possible is to clear the notifications from the Lockscreen. I am used to LockInfo where you could just "X" out the email, SMS or any notification from the lockscreen.

It seems like you have to unlock the phone in order to clear the notifications as opposed to just being able to clear them or disregard them from the lockscreen.

Anyone know a workaround to this??

No way around it that I can find. I see it as a security thing. If you have a passcode on your phone, it keeps people out of your phone. But if you could clear notifications without unlocking the phone, someone could clear the alerts without you seeing them.

Reactions: lowridinguy

iRandom

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
The only way I've seen to clear them is to unlock your iDevice and remove them from the notification center.

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
The only way I've seen to clear them is to unlock your iDevice and remove them from the notification center.

That's right. No clearing notifications from the lock screen. You can change which notifications show up on the lock screen, though.

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Also, another way to get rid of a single notification is to just swipe it from the lock screen, or as everyone else said, just clear notification center if you want them all gone at once.

Personally I love this feature because if the notifications pile up on your lock screen, you still know that all of the calls/texts/emails came in the period between when you last locked your iPhone. And you know no one has tampered with your device, if you've got it password protected.

ayantwan

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I believe if you unlock the phone the normal way (slide across screen) the notifications will disappear, just make sure to lock your phone again so you don't pocket-dial anything :D

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
There isn't really much for ios5 on jailbreak apps but around 15 or so notification center tweaks. I have a thread in the jailbreak apps forum on the first page that has the names and links of compatible jailbreak apps and the repos to add to access them. Go took a look.

Josh

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2