Jailbreaking iOS 5 GM

madeirabhoy

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
is it just me who's having lots of problems.

installed iOS 5 last night and then immediately jailbroke it with redsn0w, left it installing my apps overnight and grabbed it on way to work.

All looks fine but i have lots of problems, weirdly most are with the built in apps not with old third party apps.

mail - doesnt work at all. ive tried switching on and off my various accounts in settings, it let me set up a @me.com account for icloud. but when i open the app its blank with the 'new mail' and 'refresh' buttons there but unusable.

safari - doesnt work at all. it opens and then closes.

phone - works but the hang up button doesnt really work until you hit it lots of times. i hung up on the wife and she listened to my pocket rustling for 5 minutes.

stanza - big problem given that reading books is one of the main things i do on it."unhandled exception. you can try to continue..." doesnt work.

also i cant find this built in twitter...

what i should of done of course is saw if there were problems before jailbreaking as i dont know if these problems have been there since the update or the jailbreak created them. ive been thinking for a while anyway whether i should bother to jailbreak at all as i did it originally to get pirate software and since then ive bought most of the apps i use regularly. maybe this is the time to get legal...

iRandom

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I know for one thing that Safari will NOT work if the device is not booted tethered. Even after you jailbreak, you still have to follow through with redsn0w and boot tethered.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods