Help, GF out of town redsn0w jailbreak 4.3.5. No PC, phone stuck on apple logo

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Hey all. My girlfriend who has a jailbroken iphone 4 on redsnow 4.3.5 without a PC for some reason she was texting and the phone went into dfu mode i guess. She said its stuck on a Apple logo. She has no PC. I have the PC that i did the restore on,jailbreak on 3 hours away. Is there anything she can do to get the phone working, doesn't matter if she lost the jailbreak til i can plug it into redsn0w again. Shes upset so its a hurry up process.

Josh

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, she's stuck if she has no computer around. Needs redsn0w to use the "boot tethered" option.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
No way to do a hard set or something along those lines. Anyway to get it in safe mode maybe. I don't know what she did.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I got it fixed for her. She had a old laptop from a friend of hers through wifi with an outdated itunes. Lost the jailbreak of course wasn't gonna try to tell her how to do that over the phone. She ended up syncing the phone to someone else iphone4 backup, lol. But its working now.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
next time you can always restore from any computer so she could have gone to any Apple store and asked them to restore the phone. They can't tell the phone is JBen unless the phone is in the OS and they can see the themes or the Cydia icon.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
It was 3AM eastern time when the problem happened, lol. And shes all you're never jailbreaking the phone again. Apple said is ruins phones. I bricked her phone, blah blah. I wanted to break up with her because of the Apple this and Apple that crap and jailbreaking is illegal, etc. Told her it wasn't and the phone is fine, etc. I just had my computer here and not with her. Guess thats the price I pay being 30 with a 20 year old hotty who just got implants, lol.