WiFi Sync Issue

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm having a problem with WiFi sync on the PC but I don't think it's iTunes related, I thing it's iOS5. It seems as though it loses it's link with iTunes whenever the iPhone goes to sleep for a while. I turned WiFi off and on and it reestablishes the link right away. That would make me think it's a polling issue in iOS5. What do you guys think?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The whole wifi sync has been FUBAR throughout the beta process. Haven't turned it back on since Beta 3 when it kept forcing me to set my phone up as new over and over.

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
On second though I guess it might be iTunes related because if I shut down iTunes it loses the link. This is causing an issue for me as I want to have iTunes startup in the morning when my computer auto boots to do the sync.

RyanR

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I can't get Wi-Fi Sync to work at all on my phone. I've restarted my phone, iTunes, and my router and the sync button is still greyed out on my phone and it won't start syncing automatically when I plug my phone into a power outlet. Anyone know what the deal is? Also I have the latest version of the iTunes beta and has the iOS 5 GM installed on my phone.
Make sure 'Sync this iPhone over wi-fi' is checked in the Summary section in iTunes. If it is not there, make sure you are updated to the latest version of Snow Leopard if you're on a Mac.

Got the Shakes

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Make sure 'Sync this iPhone over wi-fi' is checked in the Summary section in iTunes. If it is not there, make sure you are updated to the latest version of Snow Leopard if you're on a Mac.

That was the first thing that I checked and it box is checked. I'm actually on Windows 7.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner