Downgrading issues 4.3.5 to 4.3.3

dwfw

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Once I get to 4.3.2, could I then bump up to 4.3.3?

Not without the SHSH blobs for 4.3.3. Apple is no longer signing that version of iOS, so you're out of luck with those blobs.

If you have not saved your SHSH blobs (basically, it's the actual activation signature for the iOS version provided by Apple that marks the version of iOS "active" and valid), you can't. Apple uses a signing process which is Apple's way of authorizing your device and activating it to work. Technically, it checks to see if it's a valid installation. Typically, after Apple updates the iOS version, they stop "signing" the older versions within a day or two. Once they stop, you cannot go back without having already been there and having saved your SHSH blobs (ofter just called "blobs"), which are the actual activation signature for the iOS version.

The only way around that signing process is to have had that earlier version installed on your device and then to have gone through the process of saving the SHSH blobs (using a program like TinyUmbrella).

If you don't have the blobs saved from an earlier install, you cannot load/run anything but the current iOS versions. They will load fine, but the activation process that requires accessing the Apple servers will fail and you will be left with the functional equivalent of an iPod.

There are rumors that Apple is looking for (or already has) a way to stop this process too. The game of "cat and mouse" between the jailbreak community and Apple... It's been rumored to be effective with the production release of iOS 5, but so far, I've not seen anything more substantial on the subject.

htmanning

Jan 12, 2010
www.iBlastPhone.com
Here's the interesting thing. I never had 4.3.2 on my iPhone. The last OS I had was 4.3.1, and I'm POSITIVE because I checked it right before upgrading to iOS 4.3.5. Very strange.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Here's the interesting thing. I never had 4.3.2 on my iPhone. The last OS I had was 4.3.1, and I'm POSITIVE because I checked it right before upgrading to iOS 4.3.5. Very strange.

I think Cydia and/or TinyUmbrella will save SHSH blobs for whatever iOS version Apple is signing irregardless of what version you have installed. So while you had 4.3.1... the blobs for 4.3.2 got saved while Apple was signing them.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods