sms text tone file works doesn`t work

dasmenace55

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
when making new text tones everything is fine until i make the new file sms-received6.aif, then when I rename file sms-received6.caf, the logo on the file disappears and I can not play the file any more. I am using window 7 I have tried on windows Xp and I can change the name and play the file but as soon as I copy file to my laptop using windows 7 the file will not play is there some setting I need to alter on windows 7?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The "logo" on the file is the program icon for the application/program that is associated with playing/opening that file. It changes to nothing (or "disappears") because you don't have any Windows program associated with the .caf file type. I don't use Windows and I am not that familiar with file types .aif and .caf... but I question whether you can actually just rename them and expect everything to be good. The file extension signifies the type of file - and I suspect that there are differences between the .aif and .caf file types, the default file association notwithstanding. (The one example where you can simply rename the file is changing AAC formatted music (.m4a extension) to an iPhone ringtone (.m4r file extension), but as far as I know, those are the exception rather than the rule.

Similarly, you can rename a .gif image to a .jpg, but it will always be a .gif file internally - based on file format and structure...

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Are you using this guide?
http://forums.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlock-forum/190204-how-custom-sms-tones-free.html

And if so, have you tried to play it on your actual phone yet?

I don't remember if I was able to play my new sms tones (I made 2 of them for my own theme) could play on Windows, but I know for a fact that they work on the phone. Only way to know for sure is to give it a try. If you're adding them to an existing theme, make sure you reboot the phone (I can't remember if a respring worked, but I know a reboot did).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro