Custom ipsw with RedSnow

shujaat

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello All,

I am trying to restore my iphone 4.3.3 OS. I turned my iphone into dfu mode and tried to restore it with "iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw". But it failed due to some errors like 1600, 3194 etc. I bypassed 3194 these errors using TinyUmbrella. And for 1600 I downloaded a custom ipsw "iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Custom_ACTIVATED_pwangetool4.3.3.1" and used Redsnow to put my phone in pwned dfu mode and patch the kernel so that it bypasses the 1600 error.

But the problem is that I used all the versions of RedSnow 0.9.6 RC(15,16,17,18,19), all of these cannot recognize the custom ipsw. However it can recognize the original ipsw i.e. "iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw". But when it patches its kernel and I SHIFT + Restore it in itunes everything goes fine and after a while it says error 1013 uknown error occured. And now my phone is permanently in dfu mode.

I am using MAC, and iREB is not available for mac that is why I am using RedSnow.

Anybody please help me in restoring its OS either original or Custom JailBroken.

TIA

Last edited:

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
REdsnow is used to jailbreak statndard ios, but your custom one is already jailbroken. Just pwn dfu and use itunes. If it fails, use tinyum to fake teh shsh thing and then try it again. I just was successful with a phone using tiny, then a custom ipsw and itunes. The key is having shsh saved in tiny for the 4.3.3

Hello All,

I am trying to restore my iphone 4.3.3 OS. I turned my iphone into dfu mode and tried to restore it with "iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw". But it failed due to some errors like 1600, 3194 etc. I bypassed 3194 these errors using TinyUmbrella. And for 1600 I downloaded a custom ipsw "iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Custom_ACTIVATED_pwangetool4.3.3.1" and used Redsnow to put my phone in pwned dfu mode and patch the kernel so that it bypasses the 1600 error.

But the problem is that I used all the versions of RedSnow 0.9.6 RC(15,16,17,18,19), all of these cannot recognize the custom ipsw. However it can recognize the original ipsw i.e. "iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw". But when it patches its kernel and I SHIFT + Restore it in itunes everything goes fine and after a while it says error 1013 uknown error occured. And now my phone is permanently in dfu mode.

I am using MAC, and iREB is not available for mac that is why I am using RedSnow.

Anybody please help me in restoring its OS either original or Custom JailBroken.

TIA

Reactions: shujaat

shujaat

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help. It worked and now itunes restored my phone using custom ipsw. At the end of restore itunes prompted that this phone is restored to factory settings and is restarting, leave it plugged in. But my device disconnected and it looked like its restarting and then itunes again said, this device is in recovery mode. So I think its still in dfu mode.

How to exit it from dfu? I tried Home + power button but it didnt work.

Thanks for helping me in restoring my device :)

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
If it shows plug into itunes logo then use tinyum to exit recovery option, if its in DFU something went wrong and try again.

Also might be somehting bad with the custom ipsw you found. Best to use sn0wbreeze and make the right one.

Thanks for the help. It worked and now itunes restored my phone using custom ipsw. At the end of restore itunes prompted that this phone is restored to factory settings and is restarting, leave it plugged in. But my device disconnected and it looked like its restarting and then itunes again said, this device is in recovery mode. So I think its still in dfu mode.

How to exit it from dfu? I tried Home + power button but it didnt work.

Thanks for helping me in restoring my device :)

shujaat

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey finally I found out that I didn't save shsh blobs for 4.3.3, that is why its in dfu mode.

Any idea what should I do in order to get my device back except for upgrading it to latest firmware?

Which iOS is till singed by apple? and whats the significance of 74.208..... gs.apple.com in hosts file? Is it a fake server, so it should sign any ios?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro