IOS 5 BETA 6 battery life

jproubique

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
anyone else have more than usual beta drain? beta 5 was fine but six seems to exaust my batt in record time with no change to my settings...

Theophany

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I found the exact opposite. I was getting 2-4 hours of battery life on beta 5 and now I'm getting two days out of a full charge on beta 6.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Aside from the random and pesky usage=standby problem that happens every so often, my battery life has been very, very good since beta 4... But I still see the problem with usage=standby in the usage stats about 1-2 times per week. Letting the battery run down a bit then doing a full charge seems to solve it every time.

teekz

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I felt I had better life in Beta 5. I still get a day, but I seem to have less battery % when I go to plug it in at work.

rion_j

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
so, are they beta's progressively getting better in battery life or worse? i guess ultimately it doesn't really matter as its not the final release. but i was just curious.

RobActivatesiOS5

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Worse

The battery life in b5 seemed primetime to me, or very close to it. B6, however, is definitely a step down from that. The battery drain is even more noticeable on a 3GS; it dies out much sooner this time around. Hopefully by the end of this week, another beta comes out and re-establishes the good battery life.

rollocarlos

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I had beta 5 and it was no different from IOS4.....I upgraded to beta 6 and it has been terrible. I fully charged overnight, unplugged this morning and in 1 hour of standby, battery down 21%. It's bee terrible on standby. During usage, it appears to be about the same. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

DanSilov

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Been using every beta since the very first one. Didn't notice any significant changes in battery life, which is actually quite comforting. Before it was always a change for the worse.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2