Is Tethered > Vanilla?

• Vanilla is the only way to be

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I wont go into detail but I went from my 4.3.3 JB to 4.3.5 because of a bet. If you're intrigued read this page http://forums.tipb.com/ios-5-forum/216947-ios-5-beta-6-being-released-wed-aug-17th-5.html So needless to say after a day of the vanilla iOS I couldn't keep using my phone that way. There are two major rules I follow with JBing. I never use SHSH blobs to downgrade and I only use Pwnage Tools to JB. They are just personal biases of mine but I've used redsn0w to do a tethered JB because the vanilla OS is just unusable to me. So after all my ranting the question is if you were in my position is Tethered>Vanilla?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
From what I heard the JB on 4.3.5 even tethered won't load Cydia correctly .. I was JB till yesterday only last bout 3 days I didn't really like it ( but I do it for tons of people lol) I guess Im just used to stock it does what I want and need it to do so no need for me but in sure if you need other features the JB is a must

Handlebars

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I always try and go back to stock and I can't stand it. I end up going back to being jailbroken all the time. So i would say go tethered.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
From what I heard the JB on 4.3.5 even tethered won't load Cydia correctly .. I was JB till yesterday only last bout 3 days I didn't really like it ( but I do it for tons of people lol) I guess Im just used to stock it does what I want and need it to do so no need for me but in sure if you need other features the JB is a must

I've already done the tethered 4.3.5, Cydia loaded fine for me and after half an hour I have everything just the way it was under 4.3.3. I have yet to see how stable it is but it feels pretty stable so far. handlebars you don't need to tell me that twice the only reason I went vanilla was because I never back out of a bet.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
you mentioned before that you would not consider putting iOS 5 (beta) on your phone because you thougt it was really buggy. not true. it is very stable. yes there are some apps that do no play nice with it yet but that is to be expected at this juncture

i say go vanilla but with iOS 5 (beta) at least give it a try. you will not have to worry about temporarily bricking your device either :p

iOS 5 (beta) > tethered JB in my opinion. you just need to look past the jailbreak mode you have been in for all these years haha

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I had to click the what's a JB .. LOL, can't leave it at 0 .. However I hate the idea of a tethered jailbreak, just freaks me out thinking that if something went wild and I needed to hard reset on the road that I would lose my JB until I got home .. Just me probably but freaky none the less. I have however been Vanilla throughout the iOS Beta 5 process (I skipped Beta 2) and it's been okay for me.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
jsntrenkler you make me laugh man. BLiNK I have iOS 5 on my iPad so I know what it's like. The problem is that no matter what I'm not allowed to theme and I cannot live without it! Besides I know that it's expected that some apps don't play nice and I'm not willing to live with that on my phone. In the whole time I have had my i4 I have only rebooted when I wanted to never for any other reason so I'm cool with tethered.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm glad to see that vanilla is the only way got no votes :D Well now I breathe a sigh of relief

img1186.png

brutal truth

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I had tethered on my iPad for a bit and it's not as horrifying as people think. I could not deal with stock for my iDevices missing sbsettings, lockinfo, bitesms and a few other essentials.

Seven77

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently tethered on 5b5. I haven't had anything happen yet here I needed to reboot while I was out. If something goes wrong it goes into safe mode and I can re-spring to correct the problem. Im also themed on 5b5.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner