facetime issue after 4.2.8 and jailbreakme.com jb

iridium7777#CB

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
all of a sudden even when i'm on my house wifi and i go into settings and turn facetime on, it just sits in "waiting for activation..." and never really actives. have no facetime button in contacts or does it switch to facetime when i'm in call already.

did anyone experience this issue? could this be related directly to the jailbreak or would something from cydia be conflicting?

thanks in advance.

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
there is a possibility that you installed an app that edited a file... there is a thread i had made about this issue you have to go see if you have an extra line in there and if you do you remove it and it should work fine.

iridium7777#CB

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
there is a possibility that you installed an app that edited a file... there is a thread i had made about this issue you have to go see if you have an extra line in there and if you do you remove it and it should work fine.

thank you, i found that post somewhere else on the internet about the two lines in the com.apple.something file that someone suggested removing, and that seemed to have fixed the problem.

rebooting and unfortunately even resetting all settings didn't help :(, wish i tried editing the file before.

is there any actual reason to what those two lines in the com.apple.### file do? how did someone determine that those two specific lines contribute to facetime issues?

mmmm_beer

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I found that jailbreakme.com on a Verizon iPhone's made it very unstable. I did it to my sister's and she too couldn't Facetime and her phone was unbelievably slow at times. It was totally not running as smooth as my iPhone that was jailbroken with PwnageTool. I had to restore her phone to get it to start working again properly. Something with the jailbreakme.com didn't agree with the Verizon iPhone, it did work fine on my brothers AT&T version though.

iridium7777#CB

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I loved the jb on my 4.2.6 with greenpoison. I've decided to upgrade to 4.2.8 just to see what it would be like to go through the process again. Jb.com also made the upgrade appealing because it seems like there were no easy tools like greenpoison available for Mac users, so I did it.

I wasn't a fan of this process at first, ha many glitches with FaceTime being one of them and a few other much smaller things. Now the phone runs fine although I think my battery is going faster during the day. I used jb.com on my wife's phone and there are no issues with it, although she doesn't have any cydia apps on it really besides my3g.

Now that this is working and with callbar and lockinfo, I really don't see myself updating to os5 for a while, unless there are some new things that apple will announce soon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro