AT&T charges for MyWi on iPad (not iPhone)?

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
I want to tether my computer to my iPad 2. I have ran the trial of MyWi and it worked great. Before I buy it though, I would like to ask a question....

Has anyone received any extra charges or warning from AT&T from tethering an iPad?

Does anyone else do this?

These questions have NOTHInG to do with an iPhone which is what all my search results came up with. I am using an iPad 2 and a mac book pro. I plan on staying below my 2gb plan and not using it for more than web and email. Sometimes it's just easier to use my Mac for long emails and web searching.

Thanks, Cody

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
There's an option in Mywi where you can hide it from AT&T. Or you can just use the free version of PDANET for USB tethering. And I think Bluetooth too. And also I think that only PDANeT may have that option. Did thins help?

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
There's an option in Mywi where you can hide it from AT&T. Or you can just use the free version of PDANET for USB tethering. And I think Bluetooth too. And also I think that only PDANeT may have that option. Did thins help?

My MyWi trial has expired so I can't look for a setting to hide from AT&T. I would think this would be a default setting in MyWi since if we had tethering on our AT&T plans we wouldn't need MyWi.

I will look into the free version of PDA net for now.

Would really like to here from someone who has been tethering there iPad with a computer and see what they use and if they have been contacted from AT&T

Thanks, Cody

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2