CallBar- Amazing Tweak

psywzrd

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
My question is have any of you that are having issues have you contacted the dev? I know Josh Tucker has been quick to respond to bug and support issues over twitter. And with the proliferation of software and how they interact with one another it is almost impossible to test all scenarios, especially if you can't access any of the source code from another dev. It is frustrating to end users but you can only put out your best product and then fix some bugs as they pop up after trying to trouble shoot the interation between the two programs.

I can't speak for anyone else but I've sent them a couple of crash reports/logs and haven't heard back from them. I'm sure they're inundated with crash logs though since so many people are having problems.

Reactions: anon(631531)

Spdracer

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
This is a great tweak and I like the way it works, for the most part. My issue is that it does not play the custom ringtones I have assigned to contacts so I don't know who is calling until I look.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
This is a great tweak and I like the way it works, for the most part. My issue is that it does not play the custom ringtones I have assigned to contacts so I don't know who is calling until I look.

Too many bugs right now, but i'm sure that they're working on it.:)

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Works great on my Verizon iPhone 4 along with the other 20+ apps I have installed. Totally agree with the feedback from others that the "bar" is too small. Resizing should have been a v1.0 feature, but is hopefully at the top of the list for next update. I hope someone releases themes for it as well or, even better, the author includes a few optional themes with the package install. For $3.99 a pop, a couple themes in the package seems reasonable.

Joshua Tucker

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Afternoon everyone,

Couple of things:

We're still working hard to get compatibility issues under wraps. As many of you have expressed, CallBar does not work with many "phone-related" applications. We have many on our list and the list of issues is getting shorter. Thanks for your continued patience. Note that it is difficult to get an application compatible with absolutely "everything" on the first try. We're looking to do our best to close the gap as soon as possible.

Just a quick reminder:

Even if we don't respond right away, when you send support emails, we do get them and take heed. Our aim is to quickly get things fixed and sometimes replying to every single email gets more tedious than the work itself. We're not ignoring you so I'm here to reassure you of this.

For those who pirated-tested the application or still continue to use a pirated copy:

Although I understand your discontent at this point, you do have to realize that from our standpoint, you not supporting us gives us the ticket to not support you. We are happy to fix things, take in new suggestions, and make sure everything is all OK. However when you expect us to do so with your pirated application, we will simply refuse. Part of the reason why CallBar doesn't work and crashes for you is because it is a pirated copy. For you to expect a pirated application to work fine and dandy is absolutely outrageous. I'm not discounting the people that are actually having legitimate issues on the legitimate copy of CallBar, but I will not tolerate people complaining and moaning when you simply didn't pay for the application as you should.

Once again, here are the best ways to stay in contact:

For support related issues or suggestions, email callbar[at]limneos.net
For design and implementation suggestions, email callbarideas[at]limneos.net (one that I monitor frequently)

The best case scenario would be for you to use the support function through Cydia to contact us. That sends us a log and other information that makes it easier for us to see the problem. Although it is not set-up this way, you're welcome to add the callbarideas email when sending through Cydia as I can give it a look also.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Joshua Tucker
Concept Idea/Designer of CallBar

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback, I too am concerned about the size of the buttons so I am waiting for a way to make them bigger before buying. Everything else about this tweak looks pretty good, I've even seen some nice themes for it already over on mmi..

Joshua Tucker

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback, I too am concerned about the size of the buttons so I am waiting for a way to make them bigger before buying. Everything else about this tweak looks pretty good, I've even seen some nice themes for it already over on mmi..

What is your issue with the size of the buttons? In actuality, they are not that small. They are the same size as many iOS native buttons.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
What is your issue with the size of the buttons? In actuality, they are not that small. They are the same size as many iOS native buttons.

To me they look kind of small, I don't know, but I'm afraid that I might miss a call, I was just wondering if there might be a way to make them a little taller If you know what I mean? What's your experience? Am I just being paranoid?:confused::p

Spdracer

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
I bought and paid for this app and I think it is a great tweak. I have it turned off at the moment waiting until it plays my custom ringtones for contacts. To me, size is great and I have no other complaints about it.

Reactions: vagabond17

Joshua Tucker

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
To me they look kind of small, I don't know, but I'm afraid that I might miss a call, I was just wondering if there might be a way to make them a little taller If you know what I mean? What's your experience? Am I just being paranoid?:confused::p

No not at all - it's funny that you mention this because my mom made the same comment yesterday. The new design I'm working on should alleviate some reading and usability issues.

vagabond17

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Wish I could use this app!!!!

I have an iphone4, jailbroken on OS 4.3.3, and I have paid for and have downloaded the legitimate Callbar app from the Cydia store. The first time I installed the app on my phone, it worked just fine.... Well, I guess I should say the first call I received it worked fine. After that, every time I received a phone call with this app on my phone, my OS would immediately crash and send me into safe mode. I tried multiple things to try and fix this issue. I tried resetting AND restarting my iPhone. Each time reinstalling a fresh copy of callbar, but each time I was sent back into safe mode. I've sent emails and crash reports to the developer and have not received a personal response. I have also combed the Internet looking for a solution to this problem or a list of apps that are not compatible. I've seen many forums where people have showed the same frustration I am experiencing but no where have I seen any solutions. I keep going back to Cydia, hoping, that one day I may find an update that fixes the crashing issue. I really want to use this tweak, especially because I paid good money for it, and I would expect the developer to treat his customers properly and give them what they paid for or else offer a refund.

Does anyone have any solutions for this problem or know when an update will reach Cydia?

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I have an iphone4, jailbroken on OS 4.3.3, and I have paid for and have downloaded the legitimate Callbar app from the Cydia store. The first time I installed the app on my phone, it worked just fine.... Well, I guess I should say the first call I received it worked fine. After that, every time I received a phone call with this app on my phone, my OS would immediately crash and send me into safe mode. I tried multiple things to try and fix this issue. I tried resetting AND restarting my iPhone. Each time reinstalling a fresh copy of callbar, but each time I was sent back into safe mode. I've sent emails and crash reports to the developer and have not received a personal response. I have also combed the Internet looking for a solution to this problem or a list of apps that are not compatible. I've seen many forums where people have showed the same frustration I am experiencing but no where have I seen any solutions. I keep going back to Cydia, hoping, that one day I may find an update that fixes the crashing issue. I really want to use this tweak, especially because I paid good money for it, and I would expect the developer to treat his customers properly and give them what they paid for or else offer a refund.

Does anyone have any solutions for this problem or know when an update will reach Cydia?

Earlier posts from myself and others told about glitches with this app! My solution was simple... Don't buy it until it was fixed.:eek:

Joshua Tucker

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
CallBar 0.4-209 has been submitted to Cydia - should be available in the next 24 hours. The changelog can be found on my or Limneos' Twitter feed (sorry - can't post images due to low post count).

As it notes in the bottom of the log, the next update will include more compatibility, implementations, and a new design layout. Enjoy.

Sincerely,

Joshua Tucker
callbarideas[at]limneos[dot]net
Twitter: @sh8kespeare

Joshua Tucker

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
CallBar 0.4-209 is now live. Have fun - I apologize for the broken pastie link for the changelog. When viewing in Cydia, scroll down to the bottom in the CallBar tab and it will show you what's new and upcoming.

Regards,

Joshua Tucker
callbarideas[at]limneos[dot].net
Twitter: @sh8kespeare

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR