iTunes ver. 10.4 - can you sync with a 10.2.8 Jailbroken phone?

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I installed the new Lion OS yesterday and upgraded iTunes to Version 10.4.

Has anyone who is still using the 10.2.8 Jailbreak experienced any problems syncing their phones using the latest version of iTunes (10.4)?

Thanks in advance! :cool:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I installed the new Lion OS yesterday and upgraded iTunes to Version 10.4.

Has anyone who is still using the 10.2.8 Jailbreak experienced any problems syncing their phones using the latest version of iTunes (10.4)?

Thanks in advance! :cool:

What is the 10.2.8 jailbreak? Do you mean 4.2.8 (iOS) or 10.2 version of iTunes?

Confused...

However, the version of iTunes typically doesn't matter - you can always sync older iOS devices with later iTunes versions... but iTunes updates (especially the minor "tweak" updates) are to accomodate updates to the iOS and/or set of devices, ie, a new iPhone model, new iPad, etc. ... so you'd be forced to update iTunes, for example to be able to sync a new device or updated iOS (as in the case of the iOS beta software).

Reactions: tourstagefan

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It has been quite awhile and Apple onlynmessed up the JB using iTunes once. I have synced my eternally JBen phone on it so yes go aahead. I have also synced on 10.5 so sure that wont be a problem when it launches.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Since upgrading to Lion and the new iTunes, now when I plug my JB iPhone (JBme.com running 4,2,8), iTunes no longer automatically opens and syncs with my iPhone. I have to manually open iTunes and as soon as I do, it syncs with iTunes.

What's strange though is that iPhoto still opens up as soon as I connect my iPhone just as iTunes use too.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The next time you connect your iPhone, in the Summary screen under Options the very first option " Open iTunes when this iPhone is connected" is it checked? If it is checked and iTunes doesn't open that when you have to worry that something is messed up.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
The next time you connect your iPhone, in the Summary screen under Options the very first option " Open iTunes when this iPhone is connected" is it checked? If it is checked and iTunes doesn't open that when you have to worry that something is messed up.

Mine is still checked and as stated above, iTunes does not automatically open and sync. I still have to manually open iTunes and then it syncs without me doing anything else.

**** UPDATE *****
On a gut feeling I tried unchecking the "Open iTunes when this iPhone is connected" applied and quit iTunes. I then reopened iTunes and rechecked the box. Now my iPhone does sync automatically when plugged in. Must have been a glitch from Lion.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2