iOS 5 worth it?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm thinking of taking the plunge to iOS5 ... i'm on a developer account... and idk.. If i can downgrade awesome... I did the same thing with the 3GS when iOS4 came out... have to have the new sh*t..... lol so here goes.. just waiting on beta 2 to finish downloading and I'm going in I think

might as well do it. downgrading is very easy, i have done it a few times already

however, lately i have been Pure (iOS 5) since the release of beta 2 and will not go back to 4.3.3

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
might as well do it. downgrading is very easy, i have done it a few times already

however, lately i have been Pure (iOS 5) since the release of beta 2 and will not go back to 4.3.3

Agreed. There are a few annoyances with beta2, but I've been rocking it since it was released, and see no need to go back to 4.3.3.

Edge1978#IM

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to move to iOS 5 beta 2 but iTunes beta 2 stinks. I have to constantly close iTunes due to t not responding. So unless there's a way around that I'm just going to stick with 4.3.3 :(

iV1SHAL

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
personally, i would not run a tethered JB for a couple of reasons..

some apps/tweaks not completely ready and the other being the minute your device crashes, due to the beta software, you better hope you're near a computer to run a tethered boot or you'll have an expensive paper weight until you can (damn, run-on sentence!)

Especially if its your daily driver! Restoring back to 4.3.3 and jailbreaking as we speak ios 5 beta 2 was good while it lasted :)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I'd love to move to iOS 5 beta 2 but iTunes beta 2 stinks. I have to constantly close iTunes due to t not responding. So unless there's a way around that I'm just going to stick with 4.3.3 :(

try re-downloading iTunes. every once in a while my beta iTunes gets a little wonky as well but it's a small price to pay to have iOS 5 on my phone

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
sorry, re-download the newest iTunes beta. every once in a while the beta iTunes will not recognize my device but a simple unplug/plug fixes it

Reactions: Edge1978#IM

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I keep going between iOS 5 and jailbroken 4.2.8 I cant freaking make up my mind. I love the notifications of iOS 5. However I hate not being jailbroken. I love using Mewseek, Infinidock, Speed Intensifier, and Bite SMS.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i am past the temptation of going back to 4.3.3.. waiting for the next beta is more exciting to me now

a little over 2 weeks of being Pure.. weird

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
i am past the temptation of going back to 4.3.3.. waiting for the next beta is more exciting to me now

a little over 2 weeks of being Pure.. weird

Lucky you! I cant last more than a few hours. Than as soon as I go back to 4.2.8, I start getting the itch for the Notification Center lol.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Lucky you! I cant last more than a few hours. Than as soon as I go back to 4.2.8, I start getting the itch for the Notification Center lol.

this is exactly how i was when iOS 5 (beta) first came out but between the betas being pretty decent and the fact i was going to this OS anyways i decided to stay

imagine.. a jailbroken iOS 5 becoming an Epic user experience!

whiteshadoww

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I am not a developer but purchased a registration. I've gone from 4.3.3 to 5 twice and then back down to 4.3.3. For those who say it's not possible, you are wrong.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner