iBooks disappeared on JB iPhone

Arelunde

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Until I updated a sync with iBooks, my iPad2 and iPhone4, iBooks worked fine on both devices. Then, on my iPhone, I started getting the message my configuration wasn't correct and to sync with iTunes. Did that and all the books literally disappeared from the "bookshelf" on my iPhone.

I've done a search and see this is a common problem syncing iBooks with a JB iPhone. Has anyone figured out a simple workaround, short of un-JB?

:confused:

mszatny

Oct 24, 2000
Visit site
If you go into "Safe Mode" the iBooks seem to work. There is a Cydia app called SafeModeLauncher, or SBSettings can get you into Safe mode.

MS

swsmpbaby985

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
My iBooks app crashes on me constantly on my jailbroken iPhone. I'm able to view/read PDF's but when I change views to my books collection the app will load to the last page I read on a book then just completely crash on me.

Help!?:confused:

mszatny

Oct 24, 2000
Visit site
Its the DRM in the iBooks that is causing problems. Going into Safe Mode is a work-around until a proper JB fix is done.

MS

swsmpbaby985

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there an iBooks issue with one of the jailbreaks in the past where it'd crash or fail to load? I believe there was an app form Cydia that had fixed that issue, yet I can't remember what it was called.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The issue was with the 4.2.1 JB from Greenp0ison... one of their "final" releases broke the iBooks app... but they fixed it in a subsequent release of the GP JB.

iV1SHAL

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there an iBooks issue with one of the jailbreaks in the past where it'd crash or fail to load? I believe there was an app form Cydia that had fixed that issue, yet I can't remember what it was called.

I believe you may be onto something here

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73