Verizon iPhone jailbroken using greenpois0n

Hrlygal

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I am not computer savvy at all so after going round and round I happens upon greenpois0n... Thank goodness cuz I was frazzled yet on a mission. I've had my phone a month or more and I must say I am clueless.. Well greenpois0n was like a breath of fresh air to me cuz I no nothing. They talked in terms that I could actually understand which definitely helped tremendously.. So I jailbroke my phone and ahhhh a sigh of relief. So I started to try everything under the sun to check this "jailbreak" stuff out. I'm new so I went all over with it. my jailbroken screen at one time was a skull with a flame outta it's head instead of the apple.. Now it's back to the apple and I don't know if that's normal or not.. Well as I ventured out trying to get what I needed to have a fully functional jailbreak, I was unable to do some things that frustrated me AGAIN. Things were calling for apptapp installer.. I didn't know. So I looked and looked. Nothing but frustration.. So I happened upon another site that sent me to iNdepenence. And I thought aha! Nope!! I did end up getting my laptop to install 7zip and independence to make it work.. Don't ask how I did that but I did... Now my problem is that the instructions start from the top which is of course jailbreaking, then the downgrade to get apptapp then the firmware that was suggested.. Not that I know what any of these things are.. But they were most often talked about. So another mission.. It did not have instructions for " if u were already jailbroke. So that leads me to this question., if I jailbroke with greenpois0n is it safe to start over using iNdependence so I can get the apps I really want.. Please help and I hope this helps u with the info u are gathering .. I think greenpois0n is good but my ignorance prevented me from getting all the right stuff...
Y

Hrlygal

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
confused

my post was moved to where ever i have no clue and dont understand?? im not good on computers or the lingo or anything. i am in a desoperate situation with my 4.2.6 and am not getting any answers does this mean there arent any answers to my problem. am i basically to put it politely"screwed"? i wish someone would at least tell me that if i am so im not spinning my wheels on this internet.. iv been at it for 3 or more weeks and i have no answers or suggestions yet... please tell me or did i do something wrong in my post? did i say something wrong if i did i apologize for whatever it was.. like i said before i am a computer lame brain and also what is an iphone whatever that is written under my name???:confused::confused::confused::confused::(:(:(:eek::eek:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
my post was moved to where ever i have no clue and dont understand?? im not good on computers or the lingo or anything. i am in a desoperate situation with my 4.2.6 and am not getting any answers does this mean there arent any answers to my problem. am i basically to put it politely"screwed"? i wish someone would at least tell me that if i am so im not spinning my wheels on this internet.. iv been at it for 3 or more weeks and i have no answers or suggestions yet... please tell me or did i do something wrong in my post? did i say something wrong if i did i apologize for whatever it was.. like i said before i am a computer lame brain and also what is an iphone whatever that is written under my name???:confused::confused::confused::confused::(:(:(:eek::eek:

Your post was moved to the "Jailbreak" forum as this is what your question was related to, and the forum where you will receive more help with your question. The saying that appears under your user name is temporary and will change as you continue to post on here. Everyone has a different user title depending on the number of posts that they have on here.....

FreaKGeeKs

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
No You can't jailbreak Verizon iPhone 4 With GreenPois0n, if you want jailbreak you have to use Redsn0w or PwnageTool to jailbreak Verizon iPhone 4, but last night Apple released iOS 4.3.4 so by the recommendations of iPhone Hackers it is not suitable to go with iOS 4.3.4 update.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
No You can't jailbreak Verizon iPhone 4 With GreenPois0n, if you want jailbreak you have to use Redsn0w or PwnageTool to jailbreak Verizon iPhone 4, but last night Apple released iOS 4.3.4 so by the recommendations of iPhone Hackers it is not suitable to go with iOS 4.3.4 update.

It was actually released early yesterday. I don't mean to nitpick, but I don't want folks thinking there was another iOS release last night.

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

Not entirely true. You can JB a Verizon iPhone 4 with Greenpois0n---that's what I used to JB my iPhone. It depends of what iOS version you're using. I'm still using the original Verizon iOS (4.2.6) and Greenpois0n worked like a charm.

Just because Verizon releases an updated iOS, you don't have to upgrade.

As for the OP, I'm not really sure what you're asking in your original post or what problems you're having. I've never heard of 7zip and it isn't clear whether or not you are actually jailbroken. What you use to jailbreak depends on what iOS you're running.

Personally, until you're really familiar with your iPhone and all of the "ins and outs" of jailbreaking, I would restore your iPhone to its original factory default with iTunes and use it "pure."

Just my 2-cents.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro