3GS jailbreak/unlock upgrade

htmanning

Jan 12, 2010
www.iBlastPhone.com
I have a 3GS that is unlocked. It's running iOS 3.1.2 and has firmware 05.11.07. How can I get this thing to iOS 4.3.3, jailbroken, and unlocked? Is it possible?

Thanks.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
sure it's possible you have to use Pwnage Tool(Mac) or Sn0wbreeze(Windows). Do you have Windows or a Mac? Pwnage Tool go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials and go to Tutorials, iPhone, Jailbreak. Sn0wbreeze search for iPhoneHeat.com and search for the tutorials for 4.3.3 and follow. Just make sure you use it in Expert mode and check the Activate this phone option. When you finish making the custom ipsw/firmware. It will help you put it in DFU mode open iTunes and it will recognize a device in recovery mode. Hold down your Shift(Windows) or Option(Mac) key and click restore in iTunes. In the new window choose the custom ipsw and let iTunes reload the phone. Then when you're done go back to iclarified.com this time instead of Jailbreak go to Unlock and follow the instructions.

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I have a 3GS that is unlocked. It's running iOS 3.1.2 and has firmware 05.11.07. How can I get this thing to iOS 4.3.3, jailbroken, and unlocked? Is it possible?

Thanks.

The other way is to simply upgrade to 4.3.3 in itunes, when done go to redsn0w.com and d/l the redsn0w for 4.3.3, jb it....make sure cydia works, then run a second time but uncheck cydia install and check the ipad baseband and install that (never jb and do ipad baseband at the same time in case there are issues), when done open cydia and d/l ultrasn0w and you are unlocked again.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
The other way is to simply upgrade to 4.3.3 in itunes, when done go to redsn0w.com and d/l the redsn0w for 4.3.3, jb it....make sure cydia works, then run a second time but uncheck cydia install and check the ipad baseband and install that (never jb and do ipad baseband at the same time in case there are issues), when done open cydia and d/l ultrasn0w and you are unlocked again.

Both option will work but I don't recommend this one unless you know the risk iPad baseband can not be undone and will void all warranty the snow breeze way can be undone and will not update your baseband so at anytime the jailbreak and unlock can be undone by a simple restore

htmanning

Jan 12, 2010
www.iBlastPhone.com
Thanks for the tip but I can't find instructions for the Pwange Tool on iClarified. I'm finding instructions for BlackRa1n or Blacksn0w. I'm on a Mac so that's what I need instructions for. I don't want to update the baseband and I need to keep the unlock but upgrade to 4.3.3 or even 4.3.1 if I need to.

If I'm already jailbroken and unlocked how to I keep the unlock without messing with the baseband? Do I just upgrade the OS first, then re-jailbreak and re-unlock? Or is there a process that will keep my unlock and jailbreak?

Thanks.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip but I can't find instructions for the Pwange Tool on iClarified. I'm finding instructions for BlackRa1n or Blacksn0w. I'm on a Mac so that's what I need instructions for. I don't want to update the baseband and I need to keep the unlock but upgrade to 4.3.3 or even 4.3.1 if I need to.

If I'm already jailbroken and unlocked how to I keep the unlock without messing with the baseband? Do I just upgrade the OS first, then re-jailbreak and re-unlock? Or is there a process that will keep my unlock and jailbreak?

Thanks.

Pwnage will update and JB same time then u need to unlock again I Believe with ultraslow
U use the program to make custom Ipsw file put phone in dfu then load using iTunes just good pwnage it should help I would be more detailed but I use windows

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW