jailbreak observations 4.3.3

bellizima

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I got mine done..att 4.3.3 and the battery drain is horrible..same apps as before but not sure why its draining so fast...all i really use it for is bite sms...sbssettings is nice but could live w out.

Lock info is cool but rarely updates the home screen w added appts from my desktop via wireless sync on gmail exchange.

Random crashes and the sort is making me re thing jailbreak. just wish new i0s5 would allow to reply to a text right from screen of app u r in..

Oh well...damn thing is so darn boring not jailbroken...

and checking email is painfully slow on 3g and or wifi...so annoying

Any tips on running a smooth clean jb?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I got mine done..att 4.3.3 and the battery drain is horrible..same apps as before but not sure why its draining so fast...all i really use it for is bite sms...sbssettings is nice but could live w out.

Lock info is cool but rarely updates the home screen w added appts from my desktop via wireless sync on gmail exchange.

Random crashes and the sort is making me re thing jailbreak. just wish new i0s5 would allow to reply to a text right from screen of app u r in..

Oh well...damn thing is so darn boring not jailbroken...

and checking email is painfully slow on 3g and or wifi...so annoying

Any tips on running a smooth clean jb?

What jail break was done ? I also suggest turning off apps one by one to see if you can narrow the one causing the issue

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
That's really weird going from 4.3.2 to 4.3.3 JB my battery life got alot better. What was used to JB? I personally prefer to use Pwnage Tool(Mac) or Sn0wbreeze(Windows). They reload the entire OS I just feel like it's a cleaner JB. So I'd suggest trying that, I always restore from backup if you still end up with the problem then you can consider setting up as new. Do you have OpenSSH? Do you have any of the story games?(City Story, Restaurant Story, etc) those are a HUGE battery drain. Any really old apps that haven't been updated? I had an app that was from 1.x and had never been updated it was not playing well when I hit iOS 4.x

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I will also say weird... i went from a 4.1.x jb to 4.3.3 things are a LOT faster for me battery maybe a tad worse but everything works well... my bt stays connected and overall i think 4.3.3 is a lot better for m.

Like people suggested i would disable apps one at a time to see if problem presists... also do all settings reset (you will have to reconfigure a lot of apps/settings) but its worth it instead of running it as a new device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2