Get back push notifications

bizzy

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,
I was just wondering how I can restore my iPhone without restoring its settings. Let me explain: I don't receive push notifications anymore so I was thinking of configuring my iPhone as a new iPhone since it would start everything from scratch. What I want is to backup my messages, contacts and stuff like that, but not the phone settings, because I think it's the source of all my problems. Also, it's not related in any way, but my home button just doesn't work well sometimes: I looked over some forums and I saw many people have this problem. The fact is that it happens sometimes, not always, so my question is: is it sufficient to have it replaced ?
Anyway, thanks in advane for your answers !

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,
I was just wondering how I can restore my iPhone without restoring its settings. Let me explain: I don't receive push notifications anymore so I was thinking of configuring my iPhone as a new iPhone since it would start everything from scratch. What I want is to backup my messages, contacts and stuff like that, but not the phone settings, because I think it's the source of all my problems. Also, it's not related in any way, but my home button just doesn't work well sometimes: I looked over some forums and I saw many people have this problem. The fact is that it happens sometimes, not always, so my question is: is it sufficient to have it replaced ?
Anyway, thanks in advane for your answers !

go into settings and notifications to see whats up... if not then before starting as new try resetting all settings... (doesnt remove data).

If you start as new you cannot put selective items on from backup... your backup will put everything or nothing.

bizzy

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, everything seems fine. Notifications are all activated and still I don't receive anything except some rare times. I'll try resetting my settings and I'll see how it goes then

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Question: are you jailbroken? If so there could be issues there relating to your push problems. Also, it could just be the apps you're using; some (Facebook is the biggest offender) have never had great success with push notifications, while others (Twitter, Gmail) seem much better.

bizzy

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I'm jailbroken, and that's why i was thinking of setting it up as new phone, but I don't wanna lose all my messages... What you said is funny, because facebook is the only app that gives me push notifications sometimes. On the other hand, I've never reeived a single push notification coming from twitter. I installed push doctor, but so far it's not doing anything :(

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I'm jailbroken, and that's why i was thinking of setting it up as new phone, but I don't wanna lose all my messages... What you said is funny, because facebook is the only app that gives me push notifications sometimes. On the other hand, I've never reeived a single push notification coming from twitter. I installed push doctor, but so far it's not doing anything :(

It's probably an app you installed after jail broken... one of the apps that can disable push notifications is notified... check the settings to see if you disabled it.

Unfortunately on JB phones its probably an app you installed thats causing this... try resetting all settings that *MAY* fix the issue... otherwise you will have to look at your jb apps to see whose settings you may have disabled push notifications.

bizzy

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I just put back notified, and still no twitter notifications... It's really random, sometimes facebook notifications will work, some other times they wont... Didn't try to reset the settings yet, I'll do that later!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
What I would do is search on the internet and find out where your backups are stored. I found out once but can't for the life of me remember, copy it to an external drive or somewhere else on the computer. Then setup your phone as new and see if you receive your notifications. Then re-JB your phone and see if you continue to receive your notifications. Then if you still do put the backup back in place and right click your phone in iTunes and restore from backup. If after the restore your notifications stop then you know it's something in your data or settings. If you have a million JB apps sometimes it's easier to just redo the JB than try to figure out which one caused the problem.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice