iOS 5 Beta 1 Bugs and Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I did search and I didnt find a thread for bug reporting on iOS 5 beta 1. So I figured I'd start one.

So far I havent found anything, report what you find and on which version of iphone your on

Reactions: tektalk2day

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I found that since it's beta, several things don't work. Who would've guessed a beta had bugs? Anyone? Bueller?

In reality, from what I have heard, some small things are broken like tapatalk (which I have no idea what that is), certain facebook options and iMessage isn't enabled.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Safari intermittently hanging up. i have found that when i kill safari in the switcher it works fine again, for a while

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes I get double emails, and one I can't click to read, but deleting it gets rid of it

Tiny Wings lags a bit, which really really stinks lol

Obvious battery drain/not reading correctly

Phone freaked out when I used the camera icon on the homescreen, then went to view more pictures on my phone... got the spinning wheel and then was back at the lockscreen haha

dsjr2006

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I've had issues with one site on Safari where it will just lock up on a white screen, I have to kill it to get it going again.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes I get double emails, and one I can't click to read, but deleting it gets rid of it

Tiny Wings lags a bit, which really really stinks lol

Obvious battery drain/not reading correctly

Phone freaked out when I used the camera icon on the homescreen, then went to view more pictures on my phone... got the spinning wheel and then was back at the lockscreen haha

Spinning wheel on a iPhone? I have never seen that before.

budd1e_lee

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I found that since it's beta, several things don't work. Who would've guessed a beta had bugs? Anyone? Bueller?

In reality, from what I have heard, some small things are broken like tapatalk (which I have no idea what that is), certain facebook options and iMessage isn't enabled.

iMessage is absolutely enabled. Haven't seen any issues in facebook. Twitter crashes everytime I try to go to my profile. Twitter notifications are unreliable at best. Sounds like there is a bug with trying to send pictures in iMessages on the iPad, works fine on iPhone. Quite a struggle getting apps loaded initially. Can't put News Stand into a folder. Much higher rate of app crashes. When trying to tweet from within iOS it doesn't find all of the users when attempting an @ mention.

MILE

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
iTunes Sync

Not sure if it's a bug or maybe I'm just missing something here -- but I can't get wireless iTunes Sync working?! :(

The device is plugged in, the Mac is running, I even tried leaving iTunes running, but nothing?! Anyone else??!

When I go to 'iTunes Sync' in the settings it's all grey and inactive and below the (non-working) button labeled "Sync Now" it says "Sync will resume when "NameofmyMac" is available"

Bit it IS available,. so what's the deal??! Do I have to flip a switch somewhere, check a certain box in iTunes maybe or something else??! Or is it actually a bug and the sync just isn't working for some people??! :confused:

- M

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
iMessage is absolutely enabled. Haven't seen any issues in facebook. Twitter crashes everytime I try to go to my profile. Twitter notifications are unreliable at best. Sounds like there is a bug with trying to send pictures in iMessages on the iPad, works fine on iPhone. Quite a struggle getting apps loaded initially. Can't put News Stand into a folder. Much higher rate of app crashes. When trying to tweet from within iOS it doesn't find all of the users when attempting an @ mention.

I have zero Twitter probs, though I haven't tried tweeting from my phone yet. And my apps load fine... Interesting! I don't think the newsstand thing is a bug, as its a folder itself by nature, but who knows!

naeubanks

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I get the "duplicate emails" bug as well, it took some playing around with the email notification settings to get them to start working (basically just turned them all off and then back on fixed it). iTunes syncing isn't supposed to work in this beta as per the release notes. I've noticed some rendering issues in the App Store ever once and a while but nothing preventing its use.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Facebook is fine for me - no problems at all.

Yes, Twitter crashes every time I try to open a profile. It still seems way undercooked at this point. I'm sure they'll work it out. Does a decent job sending pix from the camera roll, but I HATE the "arcade game" sounds that you can't disable/stop/silence.

No problems with iMessages at all for me.

News Stand IS a folder, so you can't put it in a folder.

MILE

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
iTunes syncing isn't supposed to work in this beta as per the release notes.

Hmh, I must have missed that then?!? :eek:

Although jstrenkler says in his opening post [forum.tipb.com/1727876-post1.html] to his thread [forum.tipb.com/iphone-forum/213873-so-i-have-ios-5-beta-1-installed.html] here:

"So far I am loving wireless sync with iTunes, works very well and fast." :confused:

So it seems as if it's actually working for some people?!? Weird?

- M

(BTW, what's up with all those rules and limitations in here??! I can't post links before I have at least 10 posts, I can't even edit my own user info??! Jeez?)

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Hmh, I must have missed that then?!? :eek:

Although jstrenkler says in his opening post [forum.tipb.com/1727876-post1.html] to his thread [forum.tipb.com/iphone-forum/213873-so-i-have-ios-5-beta-1-installed.html] here:

"So far I am loving wireless sync with iTunes, works very well and fast." :confused:

So it seems as if it's actually working for some people?!? Weird?

- M

(BTW, what's up with all those rules and limitations in here??! I can't post links before I have at least 10 posts, I can't even edit my own user info??! Jeez?)

I was wrong ... Wasn't syncing with iTunes but iCloud.

budd1e_lee

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I can create custom gestures in the accessability screen, but don't see that you can assign them to do anything. When I open messages from the lock screen my keyboard is stuck in the up position, I have to go to home screen and back to messages to get it to go down.

To those asking about email in lockscreen, there is an option in notifications to turn that on or off, it appears to be off by default. Anybody tried that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh