iOS 5 Battery Life

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am sure a lot of my issue yesterday was playing with the settings... i was constantly fiddling with one setting or another... today is MUCH better, and not that much worse that 4.3.3...

Usage: 1 hour, 29 minutes
Standby: 3 hours, 44 minutes
Battery: 93%

JoshR#CB

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I've discovered that having Bluetooth and Wifi enabled at all times in iOS 5 REALLY kills battery. When I woke up, I had 100% battery, got into my car (Which connects to the phone over bluetooth) and drive to work. In just 10 minutes of being connected to my car, AND searching for wifi networks like crazy(a slight bug) it drained my batter by 15%. Since I turned it off, I've been receiving email and doing all my normal stuff, and dropped 5% in 2 hours.

MILE

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
The German website iPhone-Ticker did some testing and evaluated user reviews and they came to the conclusion that the current beta gets you 24% less battery life on average?

[iphone-ticker.de/2011/06/09/ios-5-beta-bleibt-beta-24-weniger-akku-leistung-und-warm-im-alltagseinsatz/]

I didn't really notice that much of a drainage, but I guess it always depends how you use the device?

- M

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Is this battery usage on par with what you guys get? I am a heavy user and I have 4 email accounts that push.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
non beta version better have better battery life

Beta releases are notorious for poor battery life... they often include debugging stuff that runs constantly... also, this is the FIRST beta, so I am sure that the battery issue hasn't been seriously addressed yet... even so, the battery life on my iOS5 iPhone4 is not that much worse that the iOS4.3.3 that I had previously... I have no complaints.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro