iOS 5 Battery Life

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Well. I have been using the software beta's for iPhone since day one. Strange, however is my battery life on my iPhone 4 with iOS 5. I installed the beta last night and today I noticed my battery drained a lot faster. I would almost say 50% faster. Usually I get home from work and it is at around 65%, today it was at 29%. Has anyone else seen this?

I find this weird considering I have only heard of people getting BETTER battery life. Should I do another restore? Suggestion?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
for me it has not been any worse or better compared to 4.3.3 and it's hard to tell because i have been on it a lot today haha!

did you restore from a backup? i set up as new

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I set up as new and have noticed much heavier drain, however I have been playing with it more than usual. I am going to give it a couple days before to really see how it's working. Overall I am very pleased with the OS and would keep it even with the battery drain.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
for me it has not been any worse or better compared to 4.3.3 and it's hard to tell because i have been on it a lot today haha!

did you restore from a backup? i set up as new
I restored from a backup. I would hate to lose all my camera roll and app data. It seems to charge a lot quicker, yet drain a hell of a lot quicker as well.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Well I have been playing with mine all day and it's finally down to 5% ... I am looking forward to seeing what a nice recharge does for it.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I was on 4.2.x for the longest... so I'm sure I'll notice a huge battery drain. It's okay, I'm usually around a power source.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I would expect several betas to drain faster. If apple does beta software like other companies, there's a debug layer running on top of the os. That's usually removed at the final beta and of course GM.

phinx404

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
i agree. on 4.3.3 i would have 40-60% left at home time. so if i can have at least 20-30% id be happy for a first beta. so far im down 10% and used for 40mins so far.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I did a full drain and recharge last night and it seems to be better today. Also. Does using eq drain battery because I had to turn it on as I found my music staticy

ek9max

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I did a full restore last night. And this time I didn't restore from a backup.

Battery seems to be better now. And now my gmail works too!

However I can't seem to add my work address

mdntblu

May 17, 2009
www.lightmyworld.com
I did a full drain and recharge last night and it seems to be better today. Also. Does using eq drain battery because I had to turn it on as I found my music staticy

Lithium batteries don't care about full drain and recharge. In fact Lithium batteries prefer to never be fully drained.

But they also don't like to be fully charged all the time.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Are you using a location-based reminder? Because I think that would drain the battery a lot faster. In fact I can't believe they even added that functionality for this reason. :p

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
The theory that it drains faster because we're constantly playing may be evident here:

Usage: 1 hour, 23 minutes
Standby: 1 hour, 44 minutes

Battery: 82%

I agree! I have been playing with mine a bunch, and it's dropping .. Although slower than a typical high usage day.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I agree! I have been playing with mine a bunch, and it's dropping .. Although slower than a typical high usage day.

if I remember right, it was you that stated on another thread that your iphone only charged to 92% the other night. How did it go on your latest full charge?

phinx404

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Usage: 2hr 5min
Standby: 7hr 36min
66% Battery.

i have been using mine on and off all day playing with new features and tweaking them.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
if I remember right, it was you that stated on another thread that your iphone only charged to 92% the other night. How did it go on your latest full charge?

Much better today! ... Woke with it at 93%, I unplugged and then plugged it back in. Went to 100% and it has been doing great today.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro