So I have iOS 5 beta 1 installed

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Also, is there a way to create custom vibrate patterns? I didn't see those options. Also, can you set the email to just vibrate, without playing the sound? And last question, can I backup and sync, without having my pc on at all?

MILE

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Also, is there a way to create custom vibrate patterns? I didn't see those options.

Um, I actually don't think the iPad even has the option to vibrate?!? At least my iPad 1 never did and I assume it will be the same with the iPad 2, right??! Vibrate is basically a substitute for the ringtone of the phone and since the iPad isn't a phone it makes no sense to have a vibration option in the first place?

- M

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Um, I actually don't think the iPad even has the option to vibrate?!? At least my iPad 1 never did and I assume it will be the same with the iPad 2, right??! Vibrate is basically a substitute for the ringtone of the phone and since the iPad isn't a phone it makes no sense to have a vibration option in the first place?

- M

You are right, what about for the Iphone?? And last question, can I backup and sync, without having my pc on at all?

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Calendar Notifications..

Question about Calendar notifications:

Do you need to set an alert for each event to show up in notifications/lock screen?

or.....

Are calendar notifications simply a list of your upcoming events regardless of the individual event's alert status? (hoping its this way)

Right now, all my notifications are working except ones for calendar (setup using Exchange/Google)

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Question about Calendar notifications:

Do you need to set an alert for each event to show up in notifications/lock screen?

or.....

Are calendar notifications simply a list of your upcoming events regardless of the individual event's alert status? (hoping its this way)

Right now, all my notifications are working except ones for calendar (setup using Exchange/Google)

Notifications show for things that would have a notification, so only calendar events with alarms will show (as regular calendar events don't have popups). So you had to set an alarm for it to show as a notification.

YoungChrisG#IM

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I have a question/concern about the notifications.
Notification Center is a great idea however my notifications on my 3Gs are so sporatic that I'm curious about NC's true functionallity.
Can anyone tell me if the push notifications are "pushing" any better on iOS 5 than on previous versions?
I sometimes wont get a Facebook or email notification all day untill I actually open up the app. At that point NC will be of no use to me.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a question/concern about the notifications.
Notification Center is a great idea however my notifications on my 3Gs are so sporatic that I'm curious about NC's true functionallity.
Can anyone tell me if the push notifications are "pushing" any better on iOS 5 than on previous versions?
I sometimes wont get a Facebook or email notification all day untill I actually open up the app. At that point NC will be of no use to me.

In my experience so far, it appears to be about the same... and as far as FaceBook... that whole app is kind of wonky anyway...

YoungChrisG#IM

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I know lol, but overall, aside from SMS/MMS I've been pretty unhappy about push on my iPhone. It kinda made me laugh when they proudly brought up their push notification system they've built durring the WWDC Keynote lol.

YoungChrisG#IM

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I am going to install this later today and see how it goes

I wish I could lol, but I REALLY cannot afford $100 just to try out beta firmwears lol. I tried to with the "activate without a dev. account" trick but the phone is still inop as you can't activate it only bypass the activation. I'm REALLY looking forward to this fall.

I think iOS 5 will definately be a good enough improvement to hold me untill the iPhone 5/4s release.

YoungChrisG#IM

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
<redacted>.

I'd be careful about bringing this up here lol, as it's fround upon and against Apple Developer regulations.

But on that note I'm kinda sketchy about paying someone I don't know somewhere far away from me to do that lol ;)

How are you liking it so far?

Last edited by a moderator:

rishi_tank

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I'd be careful about bringing this up here lol, as it's fround upon and against Apple Developer regulations.

But on that note I'm kinda sketchy about paying someone I don't know somewhere far away from me to do that lol ;)

How are you liking it so far?

iOS 5 is great, i like the new features although it is a beta so some apps seem to crash for no apparent reason lol, one thing i would like though is the ability to have the weather show up on the lockscreen instead of just the notification center.

rishi_tank

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I've also noticed on iOS 5 that the mail app only allows you access to up to a month's worth of messages whereas in previous firmware it let u sync all messages, I hope they fix this in the next beta...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR