So I have iOS 5 beta 1 installed

ek9max

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm having issues sending fresh emails. I can reply. But can't seem to compose new ones that go through.

ek9max

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Crap. I tried deleting all my mail accounts and re added. None of them work. Gmail and work addresses....

It send if I reply but that's all.

Composing just sends it to never never land. And doesn't even show as sent in my sent folder...

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I can't get it to work (error 3002 in iTunes 10.5 beta). It's mentioning that gs.apple.com thing... do I have to delete that to get it to work? Anyone have this issue?

EDIT: It's working now... I did the option click with Restore instead and it's working ^^

Last edited:

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Crap. I tried deleting all my mail accounts and re added. None of them work. Gmail and work addresses....

It send if I reply but that's all.

Composing just sends it to never never land. And doesn't even show as sent in my sent folder...

When you updated, did you use a backup of your previous set up or start fresh?

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,
How long does this Beta last?
Last i tried a Beta was on my iPad with 4.2 i think and it ran out in a couple of days n i screwed my iPad big time...
So pleaseeeeeeee help me i cant get iOS 5 right now as i am not enrolled in the developer thing and neither will i pay $5 to get my UDID activated as i dont wanna get iOS 5, Downgrade to 4.3.3, jailbreak, sync etc.
Toooo much...
Please help me :D

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,
How long does this Beta last?
Last i tried a Beta was on my iPad with 4.2 i think and it ran out in a couple of days n i screwed my iPad big time...
So pleaseeeeeeee help me i cant get iOS 5 right now as i am not enrolled in the developer thing and neither will i pay $5 to get my UDID activated as i dont wanna get iOS 5, Downgrade to 4.3.3, jailbreak, sync etc.
Toooo much...
Please help me :D

I don't remember a 4.2 beta ... Not sure what you are asking as you have said that you won't pay to have your UDID activated or want iOS 5?

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I ment i want to know how long will this beta run for and then die out like the old ones i had a 4.x beta once i dont remember exactly which one but it finally ran out and my iPad stopped working and was on Connect to iTunes screen so how long will this os last?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
It will last until beta 2 is out. You have a small window to update to beta 2 or else. Since this release is out in the fall, count on at least 3 months of testing.

Reactions: iPhone4iPad

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes the later betas are rougher than the initial beta ... I am hoping that Apple maintains the polish that they currently have with iOS 5.

nm4m

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Saw some posts regarding custom tones. There are ways to take MP3s and turn them into ringtones for the iPhone. i have one on my that is morse code.
I would post the link, but I am not yet allowed. Search Google, and the PCWorld article covers it nicely.

My question, is it possible on IOS 5 to set per account email alerts and per account email signatures?

These are the two biggest items for me. All the other stuff is nice, but this is what I need. Or at least for Apple to get out of the way of stuff like text expander so it can be used in the mail app.

MILE

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
does anyone else have 2, yes 2 mobile me accounts in the mail app but only one in the mail settings??

deleted the mobile me and it took both of them out and re-added it. so far so good

That was the info I was looking for because that's the only problem I've encountered with the beta so far?! :)

So it seems deleting and re-adding solved the duplicate mail account problem for you??! I guess I'll try that then, thanks?!

BTW, why can't I access/edit my user info in the control panel??! Is that some kind of newbie restriction??! If so, I don't really see the point?

- M

MILE

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried putting the 'Newsstand' app into a folder?? Seems to be the only app that refuses to get in there?!? :confused: At least on my devices?

- M

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It is??! I thought it was an app, basically the same as iBooks -- just for magazines and newspapers?!? Um, okay then?

Thanks?!

- M

It is an app... Sort of. It's unique on the iPhone. If you open it you can see that it opens like a folder, not like an app.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2