So I have iOS 5 beta 1 installed

megscd

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
My wireless sync...doesn't. Says when it's connected to my Mac it will. Mac awake, all systems go, but no sync. What did you have to do to set it up?

jskoland

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I am also very new to iOS development and I would also like to know if I upgrade my phone to beta 1 and put it in developer only mode, does it still activate on verizon towers and be able to be used or is it just basically used for development purposes only

swampbaby

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
jskoland: I just came across this link: Using the new iPhone OS 3.0 - iPhone Dev SDK Forum

Although it does apply to the old iOS 3.0 days...

? Use iPhone OS 3.0 beta software for development only. This new version
should only be deployed on devices dedicated for iPhone OS 3.0 beta software
development.

? Updating devices to iPhone OS 3.0 beta software. By installing iPhone OS 3.0 beta software on your Authorized Test Devices, these Devices are permanently ?locked? into testing mode and cannot be restored to earlier versions of iPhone OS.

Some suggested putting the phone in DFU mode to be able to restore to your previous iOS version.

Can anyone confirm that that actually works though?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I am also very new to iOS development and I would also like to know if I upgrade my phone to beta 1 and put it in developer only mode, does it still activate on verizon towers and be able to be used or is it just basically used for development purposes only

Yes it will, however keep in mind this is a beta and not everything works properly. So far I have discovered small issues with facebook not allowing you to reply to posts. Tapatalk has rendering issues on occasion. Battery Gauge is way off, but might just need to be calibrated.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Yea. I have it. Seems to be poor on battery power

I am not sure it's eating the battery as much as just not being accurate, I was on 20% for a long time. Fully charged woke up this morning at 92% ... I am going to run her down to nothing today and fully recharge.

jskoland

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
swampbaby: Thanks for the response. Sounds like things should work ok. Just real new to this and like to take baby steps. If I had another device not such a big deal. I know Apple said you can not restore to an earlier version however I made a back up of my current firmware with tiny umbrella and if things go hay wire wondering if I could still revert back using that.

jskoland

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok that sucks. I started the process and I got a message in xcode telling me that this device is not able to get the update or something to that nature and now I sit with the iTunes logo and cable screen on my phone

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok that sucks. I started the process and I got a message in xcode telling me that this device is not able to get the update or something to that nature and now I sit with the iTunes logo and cable screen on my phone

Did you get your UDID activated first?

jskoland

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps I looked in the wrong area. I looked under my developers page and went to the provisioning portal and on the side under devices I see my phone

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I had this happen once when I accidentally entered my UDID incorrectly. I would double check it ... Hope your phone comes back to life.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73