So I have iOS 5 beta 1 installed

MILE

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
It is an app... Sort of. It's unique on the iPhone. If you open it you can see that it opens like a folder, not like an app.

Right?I never bothered opening it because there probably won't be any content for it any time soon, but it does open folder-like?

- M

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
It still doesn't have custom tones. It just lets you assign Apple's tones to more stuff, unless you have found something I haven't.

So does this beta have custom tones or no? Can you download ringtones and use as a tone for other notifications or no?

I would really like that option.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Right?I never bothered opening it because there probably won't be any content for it any time soon, but it does open folder-like?

- M

I was frustrated that I couldn't stick it into a folder as dell. I guess that it makes sense if it is a folder itself.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So does this beta have custom tones or no? Can you download ringtones and use as a tone for other notifications or no?

I would really like that option.

It is NOT there yet... there is a button labeled Buy More Tones, but it is not yet active... remember, this is iOS 5, Beta ONE...

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It is NOT there yet... there is a button labeled Buy More Tones, but it is not yet active... remember, this is iOS 5, Beta ONE...

Wait, I click on that button and I go to the ringtone store... :confused: and you can indeed buy ringtones and use them. The Library button is not active, which is what I'm assuming will let us upload our own tones, but I dunno yet as we can't try it to see.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Wait, I click on that button and I go to the ringtone store... :confused: and you can indeed buy ringtones and use them. The Library button is not active, which is what I'm assuming will let us upload our own tones, but I dunno yet as we can't try it to see.

Sorry, I misspoke... yes you can buy phone ringers... and yes, it's the LIBRARY button that is not functional yet. My bad.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I misspoke... yes you can buy phone ringers... and yes, it's the LIBRARY button that is not functional yet. My bad.

Haha yeah, when the next beta comes out (providing it doesn't brick my phone LOL) that Library button is going to be the first one I try...

felface

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
hi i have ios 5 beta and cant seem to get the wireless itunes sync working i have the itunes 10.5 aswell. any ideas
thanks
thanks can somebody please answer this as i have the same problem i would love to able to do this somebody please help us
THANKS

pizzafootbal

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Boxcar is very annoying on iOS 5, if you tap on your twitter within the app, you can't access settings or go back to the main screen!

MILE

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
thanks can somebody please answer this as i have the same problem i would love to able to do this somebody please help us
THANKS

I had the same problem or at least I thought so -- but from what I've gathered in this forum so far the wireless iTunes Sync isn't actually enabled in this first beta release?

- M

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Boxcar is very annoying on iOS 5, if you tap on your twitter within the app, you can't access settings or go back to the main screen!

I don't have that issue.

Only real "glitch" I'm having on iOS 5 is the Maps app crashes quite a bit. I use it very often, so it's highly annoying for me.

The battery is a little worse than usual. I had it at 100% when I left about 5:30. Got home around midnight and it was around 25%. Which if I use it regularly, sounds about right. However, I was at our local film festival watching indie films, not on my phone. I did tweet quite a bit. I'm curious to how the notifications are draining the battery. It's a lot of pushing going on.

jon01

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
i am not getting anything except stocks and weather in the notification center. i have ios5 running on a 4th gen ipod touch. what apps actually put notifications in there maybe i am doing something wrong. i tried to add an all day calendar event for today, shouldnt that show up in notification center?

- Jon

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
i am not getting anything except stocks and weather in the notification center. i have ios5 running on a 4th gen ipod touch. what apps actually put notifications in there maybe i am doing something wrong. i tried to add an all day calendar event for today, shouldnt that show up in notification center?

- Jon

Hey Jon, did you go to settings/notifications and make sure the apps that you would like notifications for are actually enabled?

Reactions: jon01

jon01

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
yep. everything is set to ON for notification center and lock screen (though ive heard lock screen doesnt work well if at all). should that calendar event show up?

jon01

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
yeah i was thinking i need to do a restore. unfortunately i use pcs at work so it has to wait till tonight :) i just got this ipod touch 4th gen yesterday and put ios5 on it. i knew it wouldnt be that easy :)

- Jon

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the ios 5 beta on my Ipad 2. I read on BGR's article "Finally, the new accessibility options Apple has included in iOS 5 are nothing short of incredible. You can enable the LED flash to blink during alerts, and you can even create your own custom vibration patterns for specific contacts by tapping out patterns on the display."

How do you enable the LED flash to blink during alerts, and create custom vibrate patterns? I didn't see those options. Also, can you set the email to just vibrate, without playing the sound? And last question, can I backup and sync, without having my pc on at all?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the ios 5 beta on my Ipad 2. I read on BGR's article "Finally, the new accessibility options Apple has included in iOS 5 are nothing short of incredible. You can enable the LED flash to blink during alerts, and you can even create your own custom vibration patterns for specific contacts by tapping out patterns on the display."

How do you enable the LED flash to blink during alerts, and create custom vibrate patterns? I didn't see those options. Also, can you set the email to just vibrate, without playing the sound? And last question, can I backup and sync, without having my pc on at all?

They are listed under settings/general/Accessibility

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner