iOS 5 Widgets

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, I may be new and not have a lot of posts but, iPhone with iOS 4.x.x then iOS 5.x.x comes out should/could/might be given to iPhone 4. Widgets then could happen. Everything is debatable.

Reactions: iPhone0001

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
yea if ios 5.x is on iphone 4 then widgets will work. the backwards compatibility is what threw me in the topic starters post.

Kale58

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate all who replied. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Precisely!

While it's fun to wonder, conjecture, ponder and debate what might or might not happen in the future world of Apple & iOS, until a formal announcement is made (or an incredibly reliable source leaks info), it's all just speculation. :)

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I like the idea of widgets, but I see more of live icons before Apple impliments full on widgets. For example, the weather icon will display a true temperature and weather icon. But we will see on Monday. I am excited to see if they will allow more customization. I do like the streamlined and simplistic feel of iOS, but it does get boring after a while.

The only fear I have with widgets is battery life. I love how I can make it easily through a day if not two. With my Android phones with a bunch of widgets, I can watch the battery tick away. I guess time will tell.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The way I see it. You don't have to have the widgets if you don't want to. Apple can allow app developers to have widgets as an add on for their program, either bundled in or maybe even an in-app purchase. I like them on my EVO as I can have a quick glance at my information. Allowing the user to choose what their phone will look like will be a huge hit for iphone users.

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
The way I see it. You don't have to have the widgets if you don't want to. Apple can allow app developers to have widgets as an add on for their program, either bundled in or maybe even an in-app purchase. I like them on my EVO as I can have a quick glance at my information. Allowing the user to choose what their phone will look like will be a huge hit for iphone users.

Exactly!
You can make your homescreens widget whores or choose to revert to the "classic" grid of apps.

My feeling is that the widgets will not be like Android's widgets. I think the iOS 5 widgets will not be able to be placed on the homescreens or anything like that. It's gonna be implemented in a totally different way. Which will result in a huge outcry that iOS 5 has dropped the ball on the widgets. I kinda expect the same with the notification system. In fact, I would not be surprised if there was no change to the notification system.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree, Apple needs to do something Revolutionary to stay ahead of android. There are a lot of pros from a usability standpoint in which android is superior to ios. However, their largest opportunity is developer accountability especially when it comes to power management and stability. I so look forward to apples ability to take a idea and make it function properly and magically.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
To widget or not to widget? I think that's the big question.

Just LOLed at that, but I think that iPhone 4 will get the widgets as long as the iPhone 4 can upgrade to iOS 5x.x.x And I think the majority of people think that iPhone 4 will get iOS, so therefore, we'll probably get any widgets introduced in iOS 5x.x.x

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I am very excited about the announcements and what they will be. I really believe that a new notification is a must. Apple would be shooting themselves in the foot if they don't offer a new notification system. We will see and then hear Steve Jobs say " and one more thing ".......

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree, Apple needs to do something Revolutionary to stay ahead of android. There are a lot of pros from a usability standpoint in which android is superior to ios. However, their largest opportunity is developer accountability especially when it comes to power management and stability. I so look forward to apples ability to take a idea and make it function properly and magically.

Same here. I just about lost it when upgrading to gingerbread yesterday. Took me 12 hours just to get things working and et I wasn't even upgraded to the lasted gingerbread update LOL. The only thing I'm worried about is now will widgets function on the 3.5" display? Because I could see some widgets having text input. Like Facebook having a widget where you can input your status right from your home screen and not never having to go in to the app.

I am very excited about the announcements and what they will be. I really believe that a new notification is a must. Apple would be shooting themselves in the foot if they don't offer a new notification system. We will see and then hear Steve Jobs say " and one more thing ".......

Na. I think if a new notification system is in order it will be one if the first topics mentioned. The one more thing could be a new iPhone model or iPhone for the pre paid market.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox