speed intensifier not working properly

dbkid0486

May 23, 2011
Visit site
hey guys,

got a quick question. I jailbroke my 4.2.8 with snowbreeze and my speed intensifier isnt working properly. I never had this problem with software v4.2.6

Itll work after I respring, but then a few moments later, its back to its original spec speeds. Sometimes once I open an app, itll work again, but only in that app, and once I get out of it, its back to its oem speeds.

Then Ill repsring again, and itll happen again and again.

It wont just work throughout the day. Ill have to repsring 5-10 times a day depending on how much im using my phone, or if I get frustrated and stop respringing until the next day.

Ive deleted it, reinstalled it, rebooted, resprung, and in a million diff combinations, and still no luck.

Im running speed intensifier v4.8

any thoughts?

could snowbreeze be the problem? I used snowbreeze for software v4.2.8, but used greenpoison for v4.2.6.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Again I'd suggest Fakeclockup...seems much more stable (see comments here), and someone on Macrumors went so far as to suggest that Speed Intensifier is basically a ripoff:

Just look at the Settings plist that is included with [Speed Intensifier] and you'll find the maker of FakeClockup in there and other FakeClockup references.

I know you're asking for help with SI, but I do think this is the best answer to your problems. And Fakeclockup is free, so why not try it?

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I've used FakeClockUp in the past, and i think it bites! Crashed a lot, but worked on slow speed, which was the effect that i was looking for. Too much hassles though, so i dumped it.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I've used FakeClockUp in the past, and i think it bites! Crashed a lot, but worked on slow speed, which was the effect that i was looking for. Too much hassles though, so i dumped it.

Interesting, I've never had any issues with it?in fact, I've forgotten about it to the degree that I'm surprised when I use a device that has the stock speeds. What device were you using it on? And just out of curiosity, what was the appeal of purposely slowing down your animations?

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Using it on AT&T iPhone4, with JB & IOS4.3.3. The effect was for my Star Wars themes, and it looked good when the starships came into view very slowly.:)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried emailing/tweeting the dev? If anyone can help, that's your best bet. Fwiw I haven't seen this issue elsewhere...

dbkid0486

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried emailing/tweeting the dev? If anyone can help, that's your best bet. Fwiw I haven't seen this issue elsewhere...

i did, he said "it must be a buggy tweak".

and that is why I'm so frustrated with it, no one else I know of is having this problem.

dbkid0486

May 23, 2011
Visit site
well i mite have come onto something. after experimenting, I've come to find the problem occurred when I'd try and close my apps running in the background. if I double tapped the home button and x'ed out the apps in the background, the fone wud act as if the intensifier wasn't installed.

so I downloaded disable multitasking thru cydia and I haven't had the intensifier slow up since. just wanted to share it with everyome in case anyone else has this problem.

Philthy253

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I know this is old but maybe someone could help me i installed speed intesifier and every time i down load or delete anything in cydia errors come up. If i am down loading something it still down loads but has errors. If i try to delete something there is errors and the package will not delete. I cannot even delete speed intesifier?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Can't help with that but I will say this: if you get it cleared up, try FakeClockup instead. Love this tweak and it's absolutely rock solid.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR