i need to update my phone

foug

Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
ok, i havn't updated my phone in ages, I'm still on the 3.0 iOS, and my phone is just really sluggish and I can't update my app's via the app store + various minor problems. So, I'm looking to update my phone but not to 4.0, so my question is, where can I find the latest 3.1 or 3.2 (i'm not sure what the last update before 4.0 was) firmware, and which jailbreak would I use? Thanks guys.

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
ok, i havn't updated my phone in ages, I'm still on the 3.0 iOS, and my phone is just really sluggish and I can't update my app's via the app store + various minor problems. So, I'm looking to update my phone but not to 4.0, so my question is, where can I find the latest 3.1 or 3.2 (i'm not sure what the last update before 4.0 was) firmware, and which jailbreak would I use? Thanks guys.

Well before 4.0 was 3.13 you'd have to use tinyumbrella to see if you have shsh for that if on 3gs, if 3g you "should" be able to choose what OS to use if you point hosts file to cycia but that doesnt always work, thats where tiny can help.

BUT

3.13 is outdated badly too so you should go to at least 4.0, no higher than 4.0.2 IMO cuz of the baseband is better on that than any higher

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
well, i think 4.0 would be too slow for the regular 3g....that's why i'd rather stick to 3.1.3

might as well stay on what you have now BUT I tried speed intensifier on a 3g running 4.2.1 and though there is typical slowness, many things were extremely fast. That will work if you use 4.0

foug

Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
well my phone is slow now because I just havn't taken care of it and I goofed on it and I dunno, it's just all bugged out haha, so regardless of what firmware I stay with, I still need to restore/re-jailbreak :)

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
On 3G phone, you can install any firmware 3.1.3 or below. Apple only added SHSH checks for them with 4.0 and above. With 3G, it's best to stay at 3.1.3 anyway since the phone is slow with 4.0+.

To restore to 3.1.3, just download the 3.1.3 firmware (google) and do a restore selecting that file in iTunes. Afterward, use whatever JB method that works for 3.1.3 (google).

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I agree with myzhi on a 3G 3.1.3 was the best firmware. There are a couple of things that matter here. Are you unlocked? Are you using a Mac or Windows? What I would suggest is to go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials and go to Tutorials,iPhone then go to Basics and where can I download firmware you'll get a list of all the firmware versions and these are Apple Official firmware. Then if you're unlocked you can only use Pwnage Tool(Mac) or Sn0wbreeze(Windows) to upgrade your phone. In tutorials go to Jailbreak and you search for 3.1.3 on a 3G for Pwnage Tool if you're on a Mac. If you need Sn0wbreeze do a search on here I've linked to the iPhoneHeat site where you can get it. If you are not unlocked then you can use any of the tools for 3.1.3 and they are all on the iClarified site. If you use Pwnage Tool or Sn0wbreeze they will wipe your phone to reload the firmware so make sure you backup and do a sync before you start.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal